[May 2, 2014] The Cinco De Mayo in South Beach DO May 2-4, 2014 (Opa-Locka, FL)

Discussion in 'Meetups' started by Christian Martinez, Feb 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

The Cinco De Mayo in South Beach DO May 2-4, 2014
Start Date: May 2, 2014 05:00 PM
End Date: May 4, 2014 05:00 PM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

3990 NW 132nd Street
Opa-Locka, FL 33054

Posted By: Christian Martinez

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
  1. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    After a month or so of discussions, opinions and suggestions, I bring to you the Cinco De Mayo in South Beach DO.

As with all my DO's, I tend to organize a few events so as to let people pick and choose what they want to do and when they want to meet up. I'd say the only mandatory events are Saturday Night Dinner and Sunday Brunch if you are able to make it and you don't fly out early Sunday morning. So if you wish to hang out Friday but then go Air riding in the Glades or even drive down to Key West...you can. All I ask is that you have a great time, keep an open mind and keep the mile talk to a reasonable level.

Lodgings I also tend to be pretty flexible. So long as you're around Downtown Miami or Miami Beach/SoBe, I'm cool with it. Rental cars are pretty cheap so if anybody wants to go ahead and rent one out, let me know. From there, if anyone needs a ride to any of the events, make arrangements with one of the drivers.

Lastly, This event is for people of all ages to come and enjoy a fun weekend in Miami. Not everyone wants to go to all the events and late night stuff and that's cool. In the end, Whatever your way of enjoying yourself is, I'd like to see that happen.

On to the event!

Friday May 2nd

5pm: Go-Karts!!

MiamiGP Raceway
    3990 NW 132nd Street
    Opa-locka, Fl

Back in 2010, We came here and despite the seedy neighborhood and wet track due to a afternoon rain shower, everybody had a great time. The Go-karts are plenty fast, the track is well designed and the staff were a pleasure to work with. There are now electronic timers so we can now measure who wins instead of arguing about it. Pricing was very reasonable and they even take plastic for those of you wanting to earn miles.

8:30pm Burgers and drinks

Burger & Beer Joint
    900 S Miami Ave #130, Miami, FL

Seeing as the Kingdom and its amazing Doomsday Burger has closed, I wanted to honor it by finding the best burger bar in town. This place has gotten a ton of rave reviews and while some places have opened that are better, my contacts say that for our group, this is the place to be.

Afterhours- whatever you wish, whether its an early night, more drinks or clubbing...

Saturday

Morning- Freestyle

Some prefer brunch, some prefer to sleep in. Free range as there are so many ideas and places to check out. Personally, I perfer an old fashioned Black coffee with Sandwich Cubano. And for the authenticity I prefer, Hialeah is the best place to have a cheap yet very tasty breakfast.

Afternoon- Miami Marlins Baseball game.

I love me some baseball. And The very talented Dodgers aee in town. Better yet, the Marlins stink so they're beautiful park is very cheaply priced even for great seats.

If you prefer a trip to the Glades, sun bathing on South Beach, etc. This is the perfect time to do it.

Saturday evening

Dinner-

Versailles
    3555 Southwest 8th Street
    Miami, FL 33145-4196

I've never had a bad meal here. Screw it, I love it so much. Food is top notch and the prices are very reasonable. If you only have one Cuban meal during the trip, this is the perfect place and perfect location.

Afterhours- Same as Friday night...Freestyle

Sunday Morning

Brunch 12pm
    Tongue & Cheek
    431 Washington Ave., Miami Beach

$20 unlimited drinks and lots of great food. This is probably the only pricey place I've chosen and this place is well worth it. Right on Miami beach so we can enjoy the great weather before we depart.

Feel free to contact me for any more ideas, hotel info and such.

iolaire, ariosto and MSYgirl like this.