Maximizing Facebook & Social Media 4 Points

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by mo26, Feb 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey All,

As much as I've tried to stay clear of social media, I finally broke down and joined Facebook, thinking that I may be missing out on some information and points earning opportunities.

So, i'm reaching out to all of you whom know best, how do I maximize my opportunities...Is it joining the pages of the bloggers whose RSS feeds I already follow, "like" my affiliated loyalty program, all of the above and more....The possibilities seem endless (hyatt pun intended)...

Thanks for the feedback!

- MO

P.S.- I suppose twitter is next. (which makes sense, because it sounds like that's a popular spot to be notified of mr's)....*social media sigh*

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't like anything until I am offered points for it. And even then I am using my alter ego.

mo26 likes this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    On both Facebook and Twitter I set up additional accounts so that I could send and receive tweets/messages without involving my friends and family. For example, some deals require you to make your Facebook friends list available to the company. My secondary Facebook account has zero friends. Same thing on twitter. some deals require you to retweet to everyone who is following you. My secondary account has zero followers. I just don't want to bug my friends with offers from companies they have no interest in.

Gargoyle, uggboy, mo26 and 2 others like this.
  4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ditto. If I actually had to spam my friends and family with the messages they want me to send I probably wouldn't do it. Create an alter ego for each, and do your posting there. With Facebook if you must you can set up the accounts you "Like" to only be able to post "to You" and not to any of your friends timelines, but it'll still show up in your feed. Make fake accounts and use those for these activities.

mo26 likes this.