Maximizing American Miles With Credit Card Bonuses

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Earlier in the week we learned about the next step of the integration between American AAdvantage and US Airways Dividend Miles. AAdvantage is more or less staying the same, while Dividend Miles will be merged into AAdvantage in the second quarter of next year. Compared to what's going on in the rest of the industry, the lack of change is great news. I was expecting an award chart devaluation and wouldn't have been surprised by a revenue requirement for status, though it looks like for the time being we've been spared. As the President of AAdvantage explained when I spoke to her earlier in the week, they're focused on integration and not innovation, which is a smart move given what a big task it is to merge the two airlines. So while I previously thought AAdvantage would publish a new award chart for early next year, I think it's much more likely we'll see a new award chart later next year or in early 2016. That means we have more time to redeem through AAdvantage and Dividend Miles at the current rates, which are among the best in the industry. The post Maximizing American Miles With Credit Card Bonuses appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...