Maximize Your BA Mileage Earning/Burning- Frequent Traveler University- April 30 NYC

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by beaubo, Mar 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. beaubo
    Original Member

beaubo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally, a seminar that seeks to level the playing field for frequent flyers to best benefit from their airline mileage programs- Frequent Traveler University. Sign up for limited space for Saturday April 30 at Sheraton Laguardia- www.ftuniversity.com.

850a-900a Opening Remarks

MORNING: EARNING

905a-1015a Part 1: Earning By Flying
    Fare Classes: How Flying 1 Mile Could Earn You 2.5 miles or .25 miles!
    Elite Status: How to Transform Precious Metals Into Precious Bonus Miles!
    Mileage Running: How To Top-Off Your Account To Achieve Elite Status or Reach Award Redemption Threshold

1015-1030a Break

1030-1140a Part 2: Earning By Buying
    Credit Cards: Sign Up Bonuses and Most Points Per Dollar of Spending
    Mileage Transfers: How Credit Card, Hotel and Your Best Friends Can Pad Your Account
    Fire Sales: When Airlines Sell Their Miles and Mileage Mall Products For A Can't-Resist Price

1145a-1215p Part 3: Off the Podium, Into The Firing Line: Breakout Session Q&A

- Star Alliance (United, Continental, US Air, Air Canada, Lufthansa among others)
    - oneworld (American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia among others)
    - Skyteam (Delta, Air France/KLM, Alitalia, Korean Air among others) and independents (Virgin, El Al, Emirates, Alaska among others)

1215-130p Lunch Break

AFTERNOON: BURNING

145p-245p Part 4: Putting A Value On Your Miles
    The Tipping Point: When to Redeem Awards and When to Buy a Ticket
    The Tipping Point 2: When to Use Award Tickets Vs. Upgrading Paid Tickets For Business Class
    OutSourcing Mileage: Off-The Radar, But On-Target Foreign-Based Mileage Program Awards

245p-355p Part 5: Award Redemption Strategies
    Is Israel in Asia or Europe?: Understanding Award Charts- Zones Vs. Mileage-Based
    Expanding The Reach of Your Award Ticket: Understanding Routing, Stopover and Open Jaw Rules
    Getting From 'No' To 'No Problem': The Art of Turning The Phone Agent Into Your Advocate...and Getting Your Hard-To-Book Award

355-405p Break

405-435p Part 6: Where Our Speakers Become YOUR Advocates: Breakout Session Q&A
    - Star Alliance (United, Continental, US Air, Air Canada, Lufthansa among others)
    - oneworld (American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia among others)
    - Skyteam (Delta, Air France/KLM, Alitalia, Korean Air among others) and independents (Virgin, El Al, Emirates, Alaska among others)

435-515p Part 7: Randy Petersen- World's First and Foremost Frequent Flyer Guru: Surveys 30 Years Of Mileage Program History

2. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm speechless.

David, IMH and Globaliser like this.
  3. Primula
    Original Member

Primula Silver Member

Status Points:
    I reported this as spam several times and it was ignored. I guess that it's ok to spam the airline forums so long as the management is involved. Fabulous! :(

What next, ads to buy Randy's book?

4. beaubo
    Original Member

beaubo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pardon the zealousness. Cross=Posting for this particular event was granted on a one-time only basis.

5. doc
    Original Member

doc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was that a rhetorical question?
    Just asking? ;)
    'N Oh, yeah.. was this book thing a joke? Supposed to be humourous?
    Again, just askin' :D
    I surely don't know.. I'm just an idiot, after all! :)

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Randy's book (with Tim Winship) was actually really good, I was thinking just last week that it could use an update/revision/second edition.

For what it's worth, I'll be talking about award redemption and there are a couple of really great values from North America -- south America including to Easter Island for 80k in business as long as you fly only one airline, similarly one airline to much of South Asia ("Far East") for 100k in business and 150k in first and remember you get unlimited stopovers in each direction as long as you're following 'most direct routing'. E.g. JFK/YYZ-HKG(stop)-SIN(stop)-CMB(destination)-BKK(stop)-HKG-(stop)-YVR(stop)-JFK in CX J for 100k roundtrip.

What's more both of those redemptions have pretty darned low fees, at least as far as BA redemtpions are concerned. I redeemed JFK-HKG-BKK-HKG-ORD all in F yesterday, taxes/fees ~ US$300 all-in (of course BKK adds to the cost).

7. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points: