Matching MR Points for New Amex Platinum Accounts

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by djsoulglo, Dec 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. djsoulglo

djsoulglo Active Member

Status Points:
    Anyone ever successfully ask Amex for the difference between (i) the Membership Rewards points you signed up for and (ii) the better promotion that started right after you got your card?

I signed up for 25,000 MR points about five weeks ago and now the untargeted promotion is 50,000 MR points for the same spend.

Just called Amex, they wouldn't credit me for the new promotion; their advice was to apply for a second Platinum card and cancel the first. Blah.

uggboy likes this.
  2. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have received the difference several years ago. The best way to contact them via online secure message center.

uggboy likes this.
  3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did this just earlier this year. As TAHKUCT says, secure message is probably the best route to go.

TAHKUCT and uggboy like this.
  4. djsoulglo

djsoulglo Active Member

Status Points:
    The response:

"Dear [djsoulglo],

I understand your concern regarding the offer for 50,000 points.

I am sorry but we are unable to link multiple sign-up offers on the same account. As a result, we are unable to extend the offer for 50,000 points to your account.

It is important for you to know that promotions vary from time to time. So, we are unable to match the future offer which is initiated after you submitted your application.

It is our intention to provide our Cardmembers with a first time resolution and ensure that they are satisfied and happy when they receive a response from us. However, we are bound by certain Policies and Procedures and sometimes we may not be able to completely satisfy your needs due to this reason.

I hope you would understand our limitation in this regards."

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    To my understanding they stopped matching promos earlier this year.