Master Thread - AA Mobile Apps: iOS, Android, Windows, etc.

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Mike Reed, Dec 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doing a search didn't turn up a thread for AA's iPhone and Android apps, so I've started this as a master thread. A suggestion: title your replies appropriately, e.g. "TIP: Stay logged in" or "BUG: Changed Itinerary renders app unusable."

I'll check back when I can and link to any super-informative posts from this first one.

Thanks,

mreed911

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tip: Stay Logged In

On the iPhone/iPad version, go into the Settings app, then go all the way down to the American Airlines app. Under the settings for the app is a "Keep Logged In" toggle that will remember your username/password on the device, removing the need to log in each time.

3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bug: Itinerary change renders app unusable for that itinerary

If you have an itinerary (PNR) in the app and you're flying that itinerary and make a change (stand-by on an earlier flight, later flight; go mechanical; etc.) then the app will fail to track that itinerary and simply respond that the itinerary could not be located and please call customer service.

I suspect this is a back-end problem, as the web site suffers this same malady. It'd be nice, however, to see changes live - especially when flying standby as seeing the standby list for a given flight is very, very helpful!