Master Q/A [P2/2013]

Discussion in 'Premium Membership' started by Randy Petersen, Oct 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    P2
    Q: What is P2?

A: P1 and P2 are naming conventions used to help us provide support to our members. P1 is the name we use for the original program launched in 2012, P2 its successor, denotes the second Premium Membership offered. This is necessary because through the years each will likely have different partners. If we are able to provide additional offers in the future, they like would become P3, etc. We also will add the year of release to further help you know which program you belong to.

delff128 likes this.
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    HYATT GIFT CARD BENEFIT: HOW DOES CHARGE GO THROUGH?
    Q: Since the gift card purchase goes through the Award Store, how does the charge go through? Is it a purchase from Hyatt? Trying to figure if it would earn 2x points on my Ink because it is a "purchase directly from the hotel", or if I'll just get 1x and should use a card I'm trying to make minimum spend on.

A: The charge goes through on your credit card as a purchase from Hyatt, we're just the guy carrying the data to Hyatt, it's all on you. Hope this helps you with the extra bonus points!.

delff128 likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    WHICH CHARITIES WILL BENEFIT FROM PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP THIIS YEAR?
    Q: Is there a report of which charities benefit from this promotion?

A: Milepoint quickly distributes funds to various charities in advance of sales of our Premium Membership program but also throttles some funds for use throughout the membership year for disaster relief if it becomes an effort our members support. The first charity to receive funds from P2 is Refuge, a U.K. charity for women and children against domestic violence. The second charity to receive funds was BZ-Aktion Weihnachtswunsch, a fund in the German town of Freiburg that supports poor people (we love their Christmas Wish program for the poor).

We strive to honor the blend of our members around the globe and as well recognize that we can help both local and national efforts. Over 4% of our members hail from the U.K. and over 1% from Germany. Other local charity donations will take place in Canada, India and Australia among other areas.

As well, we will distribute funds to the 12 different charities that comprise our Breast Cancer Awareness campaign, including among these are the American Cancer Society.

We also lead other donations to organizations in support of the battle against cancer such as LIVESTRONG. You'll see our support posted HERE.

This year we plan on donating funds to over 100 different charities so that any member does not have to worry themselves that their support of Premium Membership will conflict with charities of their own choice. We lead this year with domestic violence causes, then continue our support of the battle against cancer and even employee relief charities. We'll also be doubling up on a charity brought to us from one of our members—CoverYourK9.org (we have already donated $873 to this charity from P1/P2). This years Premium Membership will double the donation to this organization which will be featured at the SMD5.

We always consider it an honor for the first monies to be distributed and here's a tip-of-our hat to this years honor recipient—Refuge.

As well throughout the year we'll provide charity gift cards to various members for which they can contribute on behalf of Milepoint to a charity personal to them. Our Milepoint Cares program is a recognized leader in this area.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    ryeguy, delff128, bigx0 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    EMERALD CLUB REQUIREMENTS
    Q: I want the status upgrade with Emerald Club but it doesn't seem to like me living in the U.K.

A: Well, we like you no matter where you live. The benefit is an upgrade to your Emerald Club account and assumes that you have one. However, in order to be an Emerald Club member their (National Car Rental's) rules require you to live in the U.S. or Canada and have a drivers license issued within these two countries. We are working with other car rental companies to add in similar benefits for rentals outside the U.S. and Canada and if successful that benefit will be announced as one of our Premium Perks (benefits added in after the initial launch of the program).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    Gaucho and delff128 like this.
  6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    UNITED MILES EXPIRING SO SOON?
    Q: I want to signup for your program but don't like the way that your United miles expiring so soon. Really, you expect me to use those miles by December 31?

A: Sorry to cause any confusion. What you see is the actual date that we would like our members to simply claim that benefit, the sooner we can assist you in getting your bonus award miles into your United MileagePlus account, the sooner you'll actually be able to use them. Your United award miles do not expire on December 31, they join your other miles in your United account by then and would then be subject to the existing rules of MileagePlus and won't expire as long as you have appropriate activity in that account. Hope this helps. Again, the December 31 date is the date we're asking all Premium Membership members to claim their 1,000 bonus award miles by. We would hope you want them into your MileagePlus account as soon as possible.

delff128 likes this.
  7. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    HOW LONG UNTIL I RECEIVE MY HILTON GOLD ELITE?
    Q: I signed up for Premium Membership right away and claimed my Hilton status benefit but when I called Hilton they don't show that I'm a Gold member What's up?

A: In a unique partnership like this with Hilton, there is not a typical instant upgrade because these membership files go through a manual updating process. We've tried our best to provide a notice up front (in the T&C of the Premium Membership offer before your purchase) which notes that any upgrade to Gold elite status may take 8-12 weeks to fulfill. I know that Hilton has hopes to get this status upgrade into your file sooner than that, but by posting 8-12 weeks it at least gives you a timeline on expectations. Considering the status is valid until Feb. 2015, we hope this short delay on fulfillment will still meet your travel needs.

8. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    WILL I EARN GOLD PASSPORT POINTS WHEN PURCHASING AND USING HYATT GIFT CARDS?
    Q: It clearly says on the Hyatt website that Hyatt Gold Passport points are not earned when using Hyatt Gift Cards as payment. Why not?

A: We're clearly here to say they do in our program. Hyatt worked wonderfully well with us to provide this benefit which really does work for our members.
    Q/ Do I receive Hyatt Gold Passport points when redeeming Hyatt Gift Cards at a Hyatt hotel that have been purchased through the Milepoint Premium Membership program?
    A/ When redeeming a Hyatt Gift Card as a form of payment on a guest folio, you will earn Hyatt Gold Passport points on eligible charges in accordance to Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions. When redeeming a Hyatt Gift Card in a Hyatt restaurant or spa outlet, Hyatt Gold Passport points will not be earned.​

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  9. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    EARNING BONUS GOLD PASSPORT POINTS WITH HYATT CREDIT CARD?
    Q: Do I receive Hyatt Gold Passport points when purchasing Hyatt Gift Cards through the Milepoint Premium Membership program?

A: When using the Hyatt Credit Card, you will receive 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points per dollar spent when purchasing the gift cards. All other credit cards will earn their normal miles/points/credits/cash back. Your credit card is the purchase instrument for the gift cards.

B1BomberVB likes this.
  10. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    HOW CAN I MAKE SURE I RECEIVED MY POINTSHOUND LEVEL 2?
    Q: I am booking within the next couple of days, and had planned on taking advantage of the double dip PointsHound does, but wondered if I would be able to use the Level 2 as opposed to my current lowly Level 1 status?

A: Absolutely. Many members have yet to validate their upgrade to Level 2 so make sure you understand what you need to do. Here is the email that you will receive within 48 hours from Pointshound after registering for that specific benefit:

pointshoundwelcome.png

The action needed from you is to click on the blue button (Start earning now!) to complete your account setup. Im most cases, Pointshound will know nothing about you at this point until you complete your account setup.

Enjoy the bonus airline miles and another of the P2 benefits.

11. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE HYATT GIFT CARDS?
    Q: I ordered a Hyatt Gift Card as one of my benefits yesterday, when will I expect to receive the cards?

A: Good question. Generally if you place an order on a business day before 11 am (MT), that order will be placed that same day and typically your gift card will go out that same day. Domestic U.S. orders are shipped FedEx Express Saver which is three business days delivery. Here's two examples: 1) you order on Monday before 11 am MT. The order is shipped that same day and will likely arrive to you on that same Thursday (three business days after Monday). 2) You order after 11 am MT on a Friday. The next processing business day is now Monday with delivery by Thursday (almost a week later because of the timing). International orders go out with the same processing time but at subject to delivery based on where in the world you may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.