MassPort to propose 3.00/day increase for Central and Terminal B Garages to promote HOV usage.

Discussion in 'BOS/MHT/PVD | Boston Area Airports' started by mht_flyer, Feb 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Title says it all. As if 24.00/day is not enough money a day for a parking spot, they want to raise it to 27.00/day.

The "notion" is that it will increase HOV access to airport (Logan Express Bus, Boston Express Bus).

From NH, the Boston Express Bus is a option for me but it is SLOW and requires a stop a South Station prior. You really need to have almost 2 extra hours just for this option. I've taken this on some long term personal trips, but for business trips it's a pain to have to put in the extra time and effort.

I don't see the rate increase curtailing use at the central garage, business folks on short trips don't necessarily have the time to take a bus and will still want the convenience.

That said, just like airline last minute tickets, business travelers will pay a premium for Central Parking access and MassPort knows that.

Even though I'm from Manchester, and literally 10 minutes from MHT I fly out of BOS much more these days due to flight frequencies, better connections and on many routes a huge price difference (check out MHT-EWR and then BOS-EWR and you'll know what I mean).

If it's passed it can be enacted as early as March 1, 2012.

Awesome!

http://www.massport.com/news-room/News/ParkingRateAdjustmentsToBoostHOVUse.aspx

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you considered taking the Blue line from what ever connects with it

We were in Boston years ago and stayed at the Marriot Back Bay and had been out and about for a day and had left some luggage with the bellman.

We got back to the hotel, got our luggage and they asked if we needed a cab to go to the airport.

No, we'll just go across the street and take the orange line to such and such.

His chin is still on the floor.

DTWBOB