Massive News: New Charts, Saver Awards on “New” Aircraft!

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Saracen, Feb 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got the email:

New Award Chart and Upgrade Award Chart

And the news we've all been waiting for:

And lots of questions: will we get availability for the 777-300 and A380 on other FFPs now? Not looked through the rates to see what the changes are yet, but that first change is key for me!

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    A quick glance confirmed that there are no changes to routes that I usually redeemed on. The new saver awards on "new" F and J is certainly a great news, although I've already cleaned out most of my KF miles. Hope they will follow this up with opening up awards space on "new" F and J using other FFPs.

3. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately the burning rate is much higher in most instances beginning March 1st..

I've not done much redemption and have yet to do a Star Alliance Award.. So it is rather interesting to see what's going on now with the program..

Hope many more new and exciting changes will come and SQ will turn around to be the airlines we once knew and love and will fall in love again.. :)

HiIslands, Rejuvenated and cennas like this.
  4. Valentine

Valentine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like there's no changes to the *A chart, which is the one I primarily use and refer to. Award inventory for new F and J sounds good though!

Rejuvenated and General_Flyer like this.
  5. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Overall a welcoming news and somewhat glad to see that SQ is finally easing their draconian award approach to some degree. :)

Flyer1976, General_Flyer and cennas like this.
  6. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking at the upgrade chart in a little more detail, they've upped the Y to J Saver upgrades for some routes, to cover the new benefit of flying in “new” planes, I presume;

From SIN:
    Zones 2 (Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei), 3 (Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia), 8 (Australia – Perth, Darwin), and 10 (Africa, Middle East, Turkey) are the only ones unchanged.
    Zone 4 (South China, HK, Taiwan): from 15k to 17.5k (17% increase)
    Zones 5 (North China) and 6 (South Asia): from 25k to 27.5k (10% increase)
    Zone 7 (Japan, S Korea): from 25k to 30k (20% increase)
    Zone 9 (Australia, NZ): from 35k to 45k (29% increase)
    Zone 11 (New Europe I: Amsterdam, Athens, Copenhagen, Rome): from 45k to 50k (11% increase)
    Zone 12 (New Europe II: the rest): from 45k to 65k (44% increase)
    Zone 13 (US West Coast): from 45k to 65k (44% increase)
    Zone 14 (US East Coast): from 50k to 67.5k (35% increase)
    Zone 15 (S America): from 51.5k to 69.5k (35% increase)

So the routes where this might be really welcome (to Europe, US) have gotten the biggest increases. And Europe has been realigned significantly, with the bigger destinations now grouped with the UK. The Standard and Full rates seem to be the same as before.

The one big question I have is whether we can still bank on that 15% online redemption discount remaining once the new charts come in. For me, redeeming upgrades should be better now, but I'm eagerly waiting to check availability with BMI Diamond Club after March 1st, so I can burn the 200k I have stashed there.

7. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess this is good new overall, even though my most popular route JFK-FRA has gone up and since the A380 is there I will have to do in C and not F. Oh well, I also have cleaned out most of my KF miles.

8. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of today, in TOBB, people already posted successes on getting saver awards on A345s, A388s, and 77Ws. Good luck out there!

This is an exciting day indeed! :D

Rejuvenated likes this.
  9. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not for me as I had already cleaned out most of my KF miles, wish I'd waited :( but nonetheless, congrats to those who are getting those saver awards :)

10. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. Ever since PPS qualification/requalification went from the mileage/sector to the $$$ criteria, I've seldomly deposited my mileages into KF where instead they went to my Aeroplan account. There I just continued to double dip until loosing my PPS status back in fall.

cennas and General_Flyer like this.
  11. Valentine

Valentine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was planning to burn some miles today and had a peek at the *A charts. Looks like the redemption rates have increased for them too. :(

On the plus side, I did find Saver awards for 777-300 F and A380 J. The changes make premium classes a lot more attractive compared to Y.

General_Flyer and Rejuvenated like this.