Marriott's reward card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Shirlzz, Apr 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Shirlzz

Shirlzz Member

Status Points:
    Marriott are offering 20k points if you spend 200 within first couple months in the card. Has anyone experienced an annual charge with this card?

2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Marriott has different cards. Some have fees. Is there a link you can share so we can see which card it is? The highest level card (which has, I think, an $85 annual fee) usually has a much bigger signup bonus than 20K.

3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Current promo I see for the USA for the Visa signature is 50k after $1k spend in 3 months, $0 fee first year then $85, free 1-4 cat night after approval. Also if you click the link on a reservation you can get a $75 statement credit in addition. You also get a free night each anniversary.

4. rockyrock

rockyrock Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have this card, the Premier Visa, and if you stay at Marriott often it is not bad. You recoup the $85 fee with the free night cert and Silver status. The real value is it only puts you 10 nights away from Gold status--the first level worth anything IMHO. I've had it a while so I am grandfathered in with the old AF of $65.

The standard card carries a $45 AF but for me doesn't have the perks to make it worthwhile.

My experiences. YMMV.

5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought their Premier Visa credited you 15 nights of stay which would put you 35 nights away from gold? Is there a better card I don't know about? If so I'd like to know, please!

rockyrock likes this.
  6. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was just offered 70K if I spend $1000 in three months (Visa Signature)...that would put me close to 120K points. Thoughts? Is the card worth it? I do have an upcoming trip to Europe...

My only concern is that I applied for CSP in Feb 2013 and was approved, is it too soon to jump on another card, credit wise?

Thanks!

7. rockyrock

rockyrock Silver Member

Status Points:
    My bad, you're right, I got the nights mixed up with SPG--25 for Gold...thanks for the catch :)

bigx0 likes this.
  8. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Darn, was hoping for a better offer :)

rockyrock likes this.