Marriotts in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by LAM, Dec 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I might be traveling to San Francisco for Memorial Day weekend. All of the Marriotts have a AAA rate within my budget of $225-250. I will only be staying one night as the other two nights will be at a IHG property on points or at the Taj Campton Place (I might finally be able to use my points from a trip to India 3 years ago). Any thoughts? I have no status with Marriott. I was leaning towards the JW or the Ritz as a splurge.

uggboy and marcwint55 like this.
  2. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not stayed at the JW in San Fran, but the Ritz there was beautiful and I had great service. That *is* a nice splurge. It's quite above the price range you listed, however, unless the AAA rate brings it down to that number. But, if you can swing it, and like a treat, it's a good one.

uggboy, LAM and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Avoid Fisherman's Wharf. It is a dump.

uggboy, LAM, bigx0 and 1 other person like this.
  4. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Ritz was around $260.00 plus tax so it will be a little out of budget but I will be using Marriott Gift Cards up to around $250.00 so the cash will not be a huge amount. The room is a lower level room but I will not be in the room a terribly long time and will check out in the morning and move to which ever other hotel I decide on. I think I will use my orphan Taj points for one free night and one night of points + cash as I have no plans to visit India any time soon.

uggboy likes this.
  5. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I changed my plans and I going to SF a week earlier. That threw a loop into my Marriott plans a little bit as AAA rates were higher. I ended up booking one night at the Marriott Marquis for $189 on a government rate. It was the only Marriott within the city with a gov't rate. Now I have to decide on should I do one free night and one cash $195 plus points at the Taj Campton Place. Rack rate is $442 so basically I would be getting rid of orphan points and paying half price for my second night. Decisions/decisons.

uggboy likes this.
  6. DennisLCaskey

DennisLCaskey New Member

Status Points:
    Hi,I have some thing for you which really help you a lot to find the Marriott, JW Hotels, Renaissance Destinations.The site which i use for my personally for my own.I want to share with you so it can help you to find the Marriott., JW Hotels, Renaissance Destinations.They are providing discount coupon code on Marriott with 20% off.Here is the link:http://www.perkycoupons.com/marriott-coupons/
    Hope so, it will help you to find the Marriott, JW Hotels with online coupons codes.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have stayed at the Airport (okay) and the Marquis. Lounge is a but smallish for the size of the hotel, but I found the Marquis to be nice.

uggboy likes this.
  8. T5campbell

T5campbell Silver Member

Status Points:
    The JW is real nice. Nice bar and nice elite lounge.

9. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not an expert with Marriott in the SF area as I've usually stayed at the Westin in the finance district and one family trip at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway. The Golden Gateway property is average but is at the end of the trolley line with some interesting areas around it. But... to my point. I know some Marriott fans stay at the Courtyard Larkspur Landing on the North side of the bay. It is right next to the ferry terminal so it is an easy commute into downtown and you get to stay closer to Sonoma. I'm not sure about the parking there if you have a car but don't try to park in the city. It runs $30 to $70 a night depending on the location. Oh and the Westin Market Street is my favorite except the $60 parking.