Marriott Weddings

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by jmrich1432, Feb 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I have been looking at a Renaissance property for my wedding and was wondering if anyone had any experience with using a Marriott property for a wedding. Was it a good experience? The wedding planner at the property seemed great, told us lots of great things about doing a wedding with them and then when the contract came it didn't have any of these clauses in it that she had referenced (like being able to apply the amount paid to another event if we move/cancel the wedding). When asked about these things she said she couldn't put them in writing (seems sketchy, why would you tell us if you can't put it in the contract?).

Just trying to get a feel for the experience others have had using Marriott for weddings, or even events in general to see if it's worth it. This property is where I've always wanted to have my wedding so any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

uggboy likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    No matter what contract, one should always get something written down.

jmrich1432 and uggboy like this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd make very sure the cancellation/change provisions in the document are exactly as you want (or at least are willing to accept) them to be.

Scottrick, jmrich1432 and uggboy like this.
  4. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The planner has agreed to put everything in writing that she promised in our initial meeting! It seems her "standard" Marriott contract had actually been changed in a few places. Thanks for the tips, I hope everything else works out!

5. Thats great but just dont forget to read the contract once before u go a head.....

jmrich1432 likes this.
  6. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's all there, read and approved by Dad, Esq. I managed to get a hold of some other Marriott contracts and they were all EXTREMELY restrictive. Ours ended up much, much better. Maybe their standard is that bad. I'm glad we were able to compare thanks to friends who had used them before!