Marriott Vacation Club Ko Olina on Oahu

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Scott, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Scott
    Original Member

Scott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello. I was on Oahu recently and was offered a deal from a sales rep to stay at the Marriott Ko Olina for $399 for 5 nights if I agreed to listen to a "short" sales presentation. Seemed like a great deal to me, so I went ahead and signed up for the deal for when I return to Oahu.

Two questions for any with knowledge of this property or MVC in general:

1. What should I expect at a MVC timeshare presentation?
    2. Will I have to pay resort fees and/or parking for the 5 nights I am there?

Thanks

2. weinskkb
    Original Member

weinskkb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice Resort, did find a cockroach in the bathroom during my stay in January. Never had a problem in several past stays.
    Have listened to the presentation two or three times. Never has it been high pressure. The last (over a year ago) it was shorter than the usual 90 minutes because I made it known I wasn't buying and was there so our guests could go on a sail/snorkel trip. I have always talked to two people. The second one last time said he wanted to be sure the first guy didn't offend me. They use the fact of you getting a lot of points if you buy there.
    Don't know the answer to your second question. I don't pay for parking as an owner of another Marriott Resort. I do pay a tax for each day.
    There are some internet sites where you can buy at that resort quite a bit cheaper. MVCI just went to another system last July which I don't think is as good. Tug2 had a long discussion on the subject awhile back. If I remember right the $399 can be applied as part of your purchase price if you decided to buy.

Scott likes this.
  3. Scott
    Original Member

Scott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info, weinskkb! I have just discovered Tug2. Good resource.

4. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    I used to be on TUG when I was looking into timeshares. Haven't been there in a while as I do alot of short trips and priceline hotels (bid). I need to revisit the site. Good site.