Marriott Union Square or Mariott Marquis San Francisco

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by LAM, Aug 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any opinions about these hotels? I may be staying at one of them during a mini-conference. We have the choice of these two hotels or the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. (The Sheraton is too far away from the conference)

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well do you have status with Marriott at all?

The Marriott Marquis is a significantly bigger hotel, with 40 stories and 137 suites. If you're driving valet is also appropriately high at $60 a day, although I think they offer off-site parking.

By comparison the JW is 20 stories and only has 8 suites as per their website, and about 1/3 the rooms so that infamous "based on availability" might come up if you request an upgrade. They're valet only at $51 a day + tax.

3. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think OP is referring to the Marriott Union Square (a block north of Union Square) and not the JW Marriott Union Square (a block or so west of Union Square). I've only stayed at the JW Marriott so I can't comment otherwise on the OP's request.

4. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes not the JW Marriott and I have no status.

5. T5campbell

T5campbell Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try the Union Square. I have stayed at both and its the better of the two. If you can get into the JW go with it.

6. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I am not going to San Francisco. I am off to Jacksonville, FL. Oh well. One week with HH points and an ocean view and the second with Marriott points.