Marriott Sky City Hong Kong airport - review

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by tom911, Oct 22, 2015.

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have wanted to stay here for a while and a 6pm arrival on AA last night from DFW made it worthwhile to check out. Found the hotel desk in Arrivals Hall B, waited about 5 minutes, and was walked out to the limo van. Just a 5 minute trip around the airport perimeter until arrival. Pretty efficient process.

I was greeted by an agent from the executive club as I exited the limo and walked up to my 11th floor room. Along the way I was advised of an upgrade to a suite, and on arrival provided with a shuttle schedule and checked-in. Popped into the executive club on the 12th floor at 7:05pm and food/drinks were available until 8pm. The lounge itself is open from 6am to midnight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Executive lounge (I was offered the option of a buffet breakfast in the lobby but the lounge worked out just fine for me):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    theBOAT and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Beautiful airport hotel, enjoy your stay and thanks for your review and photos. :)

4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at the Sky City Marriott two or three times and found it convenient for a layover between flights, but as you say it's too far out for touring. It's handy to the airport and to the convention centre. Has a nice pool, too. Nice hotel definitely worth checking out.

Thanks for your review.

uggboy likes this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    they treat Platinum members quite well there

uggboy likes this.
  6. BigBen66

BigBen66 Active Member

Status Points:
    Good hotel report with very useful information. I hope to visit Hong Kong within the next 18 months. Thanks for taking the time to post the review and photos.

uggboy likes this.
  7. UncleDude

UncleDude Active Member

Status Points:
    Glad you managed to find the Hotel Transfer Point, the signage for this at HKG is non existent. Just one of the many thing which IMHO makes this an overrated Airport. Still not as Bad as the One Mile walk without moving walkways from Arrival at Gate 4 to the Eastern Transfer Desks when you dont have a through Boarding Card. Almost a mile.