Marriott Rio De Janiero

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by marcwint55, Mar 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We spent three nights at the Marriott in Rio about a week ago. At first we were given a small room with an atrium view. My wife is claustrophobic and did not like the room. I asked one of the managers named William if he could upgrade us given my platinum status. He was able to find a one bedroom suite that although not ocean front, still had a view of the beach and street by looking through our window and the window of the front of the hotel.

The room was number 1133 and it was very nice, as were the staff of the hotel. The location is fantastic and the hotel is well maintained.

We were contacted twice by the hotel prior to arrival and they assisted in having a car service pick us up at the airport and even charged it to the room.

I will certainly stay at this hotel the next time we are in Rio, and would highly recommend to anyone going there.

2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was it the JW Marriott at the Cpacabana, or your run of the mill Marriott property that you stayed at?

perryplatypus and marcwint55 like this.
  3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think Marriott has any properties in Rio except for the JW on Copacabana.

My lady and I stayed there over Thanksgiving week a couple years ago, and loved it. Among other things, they had the best Thanksgiving Dinner (traditional, with Turkey, Ham, and all the trimmings) we've ever run into outside the United States! Lots of ex-pats, but I'd say about half the patrons for the Dinner were locals.

perryplatypus, Kalboz and marcwint55 like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was the JW, about three blocks away from the Copacabana Palace.

perryplatypus and Kalboz like this.