Marriott Renaissance

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by colt245, Feb 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

(This was posted in Luxury Hotels section until I was told it was not considered a 'luxury hotel'.)

But, I am going to Paris next weekend, very short visit, staying at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel (paris le parc trocadero).
    Just curious what are peoples opinions on this hotel? Or any good/bad experiences? I think it's location is great, and going to try get as much done as possible, been a few years since I've been to Paris, one thing I do remember is the great metro system they have. Are there any nice places to eat nearby or places to go/see (aside from the obvious)

Thanks!!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might want to update the thread title to mention "Paris".

Watch out for pickpockets, especially in the metro.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is always good advice to be watchful both abroad and in the US. On 20+ trips to Western Europe, I've never felt concerned or seen anything but the most obvious scams (three card hustle, etc.). So certainly be aware, but don't be scared.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is meant to be helpful, not only to you but others.

Being a member of MP, for a while for a he forums are organized by hotel/hotel loyalty program. In this instance, the Renaissance is a Marriott brand and apart of the Marriott Rewards loyalty program. As the Renaissance brand, overall, is not considered "luxury" this would probably is more appropriate in the Marriott forum. where similar discussion of the property can be found, categorized and organized appropriately.

I think and I'm certainly open to be corrected "luxury" brands in the sense of MilePoint forums are properties Like
    • Ritz-Carlton
    • Fairmount
    • Four Seasons
    • Mandarin Oriental

All brands that don't have dedicated forums.