Marriott points expiration

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by sendaiben, Aug 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the clueless question: I just noticed in my awardwallet account that my Marriott points are due to expire in a couple of days :eek:

Is this a 'hard' expiration date, or is is like Hyatt, where they have to option to delete your account but don't actually do it in practice? :D

2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are no guarantees, but my experience (and that of others I know) has been that they do not enforce the 24-month rule. I don't know what happens if you let them sit for a really long time (e.g., >5years).

sendaiben likes this.
  3. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to know, thanks. My AwardWallet account also let me know my points are potentially expiring in June. I'm not a big Marriott lodger (as you can see from my points due to expire), so does anyone know an quick, easy way to earn some in the short term without spending a night at the property? I looked at an Avis reservation I have coming up on Monday, but no love for Marriott (though I do get the SPG love from them!). Thanks

theBOAT

4. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    FTD flowers or chase credit card

theBOAT likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I have never seen Marriott Rewards points expire, anyone else?

theBOAT likes this.
  6. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can call and confirm if an award booking counts as activity. If so, you can make an award booking which you may change or cancel in the future.

theBOAT likes this.