Marriott Osaka Miyako

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by dmaphy, Oct 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dmaphy

dmaphy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just completed a stay at the recently opened Marriott Osaka Miyako. As mentioned in the newbies thread, I'll write a review of this hotel as soon as possible.

In order to shorten the waiting time, I upload 3 pictures I took last night. The view from the 53rd floor is great :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone else ever stayed at this hotel? I'll write a full review next week!

I hope it's ok to open a new thread for this hotel? It's my first review and I'm not sure if this is the right place :D

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fantastic, looking already forward to your review here on MP! :)

3. Yes, stayed there twice already - the first time in a Club room on the 58th floor and the second time on a gorgeous Comfort Suite on the 38th floor (a 5-seconds walk from the Club lounge) and on a nice Club Junior Suite on the 54th floor.
    The Club lounge is great looking with a nice spread at dinner (yet breakfast is meh).

4. dmaphy

dmaphy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well....better late than never ;)

I had a one night stay at this hotel last October. The Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel just recently opened in April 2014. It occupies 38th to 57th floors of Abeno Harukas, which is currently the highest building in Japan. The lobby is located on the 19th floor. Check-in was quick and shortly after I got the keys for my room. I booked the lowest room category (Guest room, 1 Queen) and got a room on the 53rd floor. I'm only a silver member with Marriott so can't say anything about status perks, the only thing I got was free Wifi and a room on one of the top floors (these rooms are called high floor guestrooms on the Marriott website and cost roughly 4000 Yen more than other guest rooms, however the room itself was the same).

[​IMG]

I was accompanied by a staff member to my room. The room had a decent size for japanese standards. To the right of the entrance was the supermodern toilet with one of those seats that goes up as soon as you enter the room! The bathroom was on the smaller side, it housed a bathtub and shower in the same enclosure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To the left of the bathroom by the window was a workdesk and the minibar. The minibar was well equipped and I always like to have a nespresso machine in the room.

[​IMG]

5. dmaphy

dmaphy Silver Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Well, beside the comfortable bed, the best part of the room was definitively the spectacular view over Osaka. There aren't that many highrise buildings in that area so there is a unrestricted view over the city!! I could have stayed by the window the whole night to watch the city lights.

At this point I have to mention that I'm from Switzerland, which is not exactly known for its skyscrapers ;) so please excuse my over-enthusiasm here :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a fairly nice gym on the 38th floor. It's open 24 hours and it was totally empty during my visit.
    [​IMG]

6. dmaphy

dmaphy Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a guest you get a voucher to visit the observation deck in the morning before it opens to public (access between 7am and 8am). It is located on the top 3 floors of the building. While the top two floors offer a 360° view, the lower floor is an open air outdoor plaza.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With my room just six floors below, the view was almost the same, but I think it's a nice thing to have access before official opening times.

My rate included breakfast which was served in the restaurant on the 19th floor. The breakfast buffet was the only part of the hotel where I was a bit disappointed. There was a fairly wide spread of japanese breakfast options but western options were a bit limited. But after all that hotel is in Japan so not a big thing ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall I have to say that I really liked this hotel. It's easily one of the nicest Marriott hotels I stayed so far.

This is my first review here. I really appreciate your feedback. And please excuse my english as it's not my main language :)

For a more detailed review (in german though) and more pictures please feel free to visit my blog.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014