Marriott Night Credits

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by WilCo, Apr 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Need some help finding the cheapest way to get one additional night's stay credited to my account (to keep Gold through the HSBC promo). When I booked my reservations, I specifically asked the reservations agent if the 2 rooms I booked in Vienna would both count towards my nights stay. She confirmed they would, perhaps since it was a prepay rate...not sure. At check-in, the hotel agent said that I would only get night credits for one night so I'm going to be short one night it seems.

Any suggestions on how to either get both rooms credited OR find a cheap hotel that I can check in to (and possibly not stay at, if it's not somewhere near me)?

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    What geographic area are you looking at for the booking?

Horse likes this.
  3. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depends if I have to show up to present myself or not. If I can call to check in, I'm wide open. If I have to present myself, then I am currently in Budapest and will be in Houston in the near future. Reasonable drive/fly weekend trips from Budapest are acceptable. I will not have time to drive much from Houston.

Updated to add... I have a 71 EUR Courtyard booked currently, but I have stayed as cheap as $29 in Orlando before. I just don't know whether I have to present myself or not to receive credit. It seems, per the T&C, that I do.

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    One thought is to offer a free hotel night to a fellow Milepointer and put a limit on the rate you are looking to pay.
    You can then simply call the property and add them to your reservation, they check in and get a free stay, and you get the extra night credit needed.
    A courtyard could work well as these can be found for < $100.

Horse likes this.