Marriott Megabonus 2012

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Andrew72681, Dec 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Andrew72681

Andrew72681 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did anyone else notice their 2012 Q1 megabonus promotion in their account? Mine showed up this morning. 35,000 points after 20 nights and another 15,000 points after 25 nights. It appears my family might have to forget my name between February 1 and April 30.

Earn 35,000 points after 20 nights + 15,000 points after 25 nights—up to 50,000 bonus points
    See Details

Imagine more choices. More places. And more rewards to take you there.
    Simply:
    • Register above or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) by March 31, 2012
    • Stay at any of 3,500+ participating hotels between February 1, 2012, and April 30, 2012
    • Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights + 15,000 points after 25 paid nights—up to 50,000 bonus points
    Explore all 13 Marriott brands in 70 countries.

Plus, discover new places to earn rewards: AC Hotels by Marriott ... 80+ contemporary hotels in Spain, Italy and Portugal.

Register here—imagine yourself there.

Because you deserve more.

• Frequently asked questions
    • Terms and conditions

Kalboz, TAHKUCT and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine looks different than yours.

No notification email. :rolleyes:

3. Andrew72681

Status Points:
    I logged into my moms account and hers was different as well. She had the stay twice get a free night (Cat 1-4) up to 3 free nights.

snap likes this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always forget to check (not a frequent Marriott person). So I checked, my promo was for an event planner:rolleyes: no mention of any megabonus

Thanks for posting!

5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. No Megabonus offer. :(

6. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got this one - I'm a Plat

7. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received mine as well. I wish they would let us choose. The stay 2 times get one night free would really fit my summer 2012 plans well, but instead I got this

8. Andrew72681

Status Points:
    Choosing would be a great option. The 50,000 bonus points is probably a better option for me this time as we are planning a category 7 stay in Aruba

9. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is what my account says:

10. bna_based

bna_based Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it is based on your level. I am a Silver and mine said the following:

---------------------------
    New—exclusively for you: Stay twice, earn a free night ... up to THREE free nights

See Details
    Imagine more choices. More places. And more rewards to take you there.
    Simply:
    Register above or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) by March 31, 2012
    Stay at any of 3,500+ participating hotels between February 1, 2012, and April 30, 2012
    Earn 1 free night after every second paid stay, up to 3 free nights
    Enjoy your free nights at any of 2,900+ category 1 – 4 hotels.

Plus, discover new places to earn rewards: AC Hotels by Marriott ... 80+ contemporary hotels in Spain, Italy and Portugal.
    Register here – imagine yourself there.

Because you deserve more.

11. Andrew72681

Status Points:
    I was still silver at the time the offer came over. Just hit gold yesterday.

12. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got the stay 2, get 1 free at cat 1 - 4. One of my 2 stays will be at a Renassiance for my sons wedding. :cool:

I just e mailed my son, so he can check his account.

SC Flier likes this.
  13. I've got the worst of all of you, I'm a Plat and my offer is:
    A Note About This Promotion

We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.
    The reason for this error could be:
    • You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
    • You are not eligible for this promotion
    • This promotion has expired
    Updating your earning preference is fast and easy; simply
    sign into
    your account. For all other issues, please contact
    Marriott Rewards Customer Support

14. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
    i got stay 2, get one free. max 2 free nights. I wonder how Marriott promos folks decide who gets what offer?

15. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, if you're Platinum they've let you choose (in the past, at least). Just call the Platinum CSR and ask whether they'll switch you to the one you want. Usually they'll agree to do so.

(The one you've switched to doesn't show on the site as your target -- that remains whatever it was. They make a note in your file and after the promotion ends they'll adjust your account to reflect your chosen target if you made it.)

MyTravels likes this.
  16. flyatlanta

flyatlanta Active Member

Status Points:
    Agree with Counsellor's posting. The marriott program automatically select promotion for you. For whatever reason, I always got free night promotion and I prefer mega bonus (it will depend on your stay pattern). You need to call Marriott and let CSR make notes on your account. During the promotion period, the free night certificates will show up in your account. As long as you don't redeem the certificate, you can call Marriott again at end of the promotion and the mega bonus points will be adjust to your account.

Also keep in mind, normally Marriott runs different promotion, 20 night mega bonus 25 night mega bonus. You need to make sure you select the right one which fit your travel pattern. You cannot double dipping the promotions running during the same period

Counsellor likes this.
  17. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    good to know I will give it a shot this week

18. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Plat here and I got the 35K/50K mega bonus offer. Only way I knew about it was that Marriott snail mailed me a brochure about it.

Funny thing is the current 35K/50K mega bonus that runs through Jan 31, 2012 isn't over yet and I'm about to get the last three nights I need next week to make it to the 50K mark. I already received my 35K bonus miles last month when I hit 20 nights.

Thankfully my travel pattern will remain high so I should hit the second 50K bonus with no problem.

-RM

19. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hang on. Your first paragraph is completely about gaming the system but then the second paragraph you say that you cannot double dip?!?!

-RM

20. flyatlanta

flyatlanta Active Member

Status Points:
    TravelRob

The first paragraph is not about gaming the system. It actually show how lowsy most of the reward program are running their targeted promotion campaign and the IT department of these hotel or airline still have a lot of to improve when comes to analyze customer behaviors. The good thing is most of the reward program business realize IT department shortcoming and provide manual step to keep customer's loyalty. However, these manual exception handling has never been openly listed on reward program website. That is why forum like this allows road warriors to share information to make best of the promotion. The tips are from my personal experience and worked for me and others I think. They are allowed by Marriott and I don't understand your reference of "gaming the system" is coming from. :) If you can't get your pre-selected promotion changed, I'd suggest to call again and find another CSR having more knowledge.

As to the double dipping, if you are not clear, I can make some clarification.
    1. Once you make your selection of the promotion, free night certificates, 20 nights mega bonus or 25 nights mega bonus you can't switch back and forth. For example, if you select to have free night certificate, you can't ask Marriott to register you again to 20 nights or 25 mega mega bonus after you earned your 2 free night certificate. Marriott won't allow you to do that. If you try to do that, it is called "gaming the system" in my opinion. That's why I tell reader to make a selection fit best to their travel pattern.
    2. The double dipping won't work for certain earning style. To be specific. if you select to earn points in MR, you can't switch to different promotions (for earning point) after you earn the the full benefit. Free night certificate and 20/25 nights mega bonus are both point earning promotion. That is why you can't switch between them after you earn 2 free night.
    3. You can double dip in different earning style in MR. Currently Marriott also is running mega mile promotion (40,000 bonus miles) which allows you to earn airline miles on top of the regular miles you earned from your stay. Someone can earn 2 free night certificate first, and change his earning style to 'earning miles'. After that, he can register mega mile promotion to earn airline miles from the stays. Once the full bonus miles have been earned, he can change the earning style back to points.

All of the above are allowed by Marriott, and they are not to game the system but to know the rules and make the best of it.

21. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for being dense but I guess I'm still missing something. I've never called Marriott to change my "bonus" because a) I never knew I could; and b) I have no reason to. I'm comfortable with the 25K bonus points. They're more valuable to me than 2 free nights - although if the free night certs can be used at JW's then I might reconsider.

However, I still don't see how your first paragraph where you talk about being pre-registered for the free nights but you prefer the 20/25K bonus *isn't* double-dipping. You say that after you earn the 2 free night certs and after the promotion period ends you call Marriott to adjust your account for the 20/25K points. I guess what is implied that I don't want to *assume* is that the two free night certs are then removed from your account? That's where I'm having a problem with this. You didn't explicitly state that and maybe it's common knowledge but when I read your post I assumed they weren't taken away, hence you double-dipped because you wound up with the two free night certs and the 20/25K miles. Sorry for any confusion and thanks the tutorial on Marriott promos in your post above.

-RM

22. flyatlanta

flyatlanta Active Member

Status Points:
    I did mention that "as long as you don't redeem the free night certificate" in my posting but maybe should have made it clear that the 2 free night certificates will be removed once the MR CSR adjust the account to apply mega bonus points. It is because the MR system has made the selection for Free night promotion, CSRs can't remove the selection (another proof that the same earning style can't be double dipped). The only way to adjust the account is to be done manually by CSRs per member request.

Counsellor likes this.
  23. nelsoji
    Original Member

nelsoji Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do only nights after Feb 1 count? I have a stay that starts Jan 30-Feb 3 - will all nights count or just those after Feb 1? How has this been handled in the past?

24. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Only the nights on or after February 1 will count towards the promotion.

-RM

nelsoji likes this.