Marriott Hotel worker quits with an entire marching band...

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by rwoman, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    mht_flyer and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    rwoman likes this.
  3. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's better than showing up with a 12 bore and blowing the heck out of your co-workers. Reading some of the narrative around the metrics for housekeeping makes me feel bad about the number of times I have complained about poorly made up rooms.

MalcoveMagnesia likes this.
  4. Loved this video! I commend that guy for quitting and taking a stand. We sometimes forget that the people who work in hotel industry sometimes get treated really badly! Sad! But this video was hilarious! I love when the girl erases the 3 days without incident.

5. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    The housekeeping metrics are about right - 30 minutes on average to clean a room, and while that amount of time hasn't shrunk significantly in the last 15 years, the actual things done in a stayover room have decreased significantly. Hotels no longer strip and remake beds every day, as one example.

Housekeeping is indeed backbreaking work, and they are definitely underpaid; but I got no sense from the video that Joey worked in housekeeping. He sounds more like a union rabble-rouser to me.