Marriott Free Platinum+ 9 Free Nights!

Discussion in 'Bengali Miles Guru' started by tahsir21, Aug 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tahsir21

tahsir21 Z Representative

Status Points:
    Planning on staying at any Ritz Carlton or Marriott properties anytime soon?
    Whether it’s the Ultra Posh Ritz Hong Kong or the Courtyard Marriott down the street, it’s always good to have some sort of status.
    That’s why today, I found a way to Marriott Platinum or Gold Status for 90 days. In addition, you only have to stay 9 times at any Marriott property in 90 days.
    Today I E-Mailed Marriott using two different methods. The first method consisted of sending a message to: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
    The second method was to send the same exact message, but though the “Contact Us” page on Marriott’s website.
    I simply stated that I was going to be traveling a lot in the near future and would like to earn MarriottPLATINUM status. It is important to note that you want to earn Platinum status because this is what usually gets you Platinum for 90 days. If you dont mention it, they will just upgrade you to Gold.
    I received two different responses from Marriott. One that offered Gold for 90 Days & one that offered Platinum for 90 Days.
    After the sending the message, I got a response within hours that said:
    “Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards.
    On behalf of Marriott Rewards Guest Services, please allow me to extend an offer to you to conditionally upgrade your status to the Platinum Elite level. This new status would be valid through November 30, 2012; however, an updated membership card would not be processed until the following terms have been met.
    In order to maintain this status, you must accumulate nine separate paid stays beginning with the date the upgrade is processed, through November 30, 2012. This is a one-time offer, and would be effective within 24 to 48 hours of your acceptance of this upgrade offer.”
    After I accepted the offer, I received another email confirming my acceptance and status change. I then saw this:
    read the rest...
    http://www.bengalimilesguru.com/archives/174/free-marriott-platinum-free-nights-more-free-nights/

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah Marriott is pretty good at issuing challenges and responding to status match requests.

Maybe I misread the post though, but I don't see anything about "9 free nights"

3. tahsir21

tahsir21 Z Representative

Status Points:
    sorry, the post continues on my blog which i've linked right after the email quote. Basically the mega bonus gives you 3 free nights after 6 stays, which you can do at a cheap hotel. Also, the marriott card gives you 6 free nights (1 of which is at a category 1-4)

viguera likes this.