Marriott Expands Mobile Check-in and Checkout for Marriott Rewards Members to Nearly 500 Hotels

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by sobore, May 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.itbusinessnet.com/articl...-Rewards-Members-to-Nearly-500-Hotels-3239104

For today's global traveler, their smartphone is what links them to their world. To put even more power in the hands of travelers, Marriott Hotels, the flagship brand of Marriott International (NASDAQ: MAR) has expanded mobile check-in and checkout globally for Marriott Rewards members to nearly 500 hotels. This means Marriott Rewards guests from London to Dubai to Shanghai to Mexico City to New York can simply check-in and checkout using the wildly popular Marriott Mobile app on their smartphone.

Read More: http://www.itbusinessnet.com/articl...-Rewards-Members-to-Nearly-500-Hotels-3239104

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    MY experience with Marriott's mobile check-in was horrible and I'll never use it again. For starters, there wasn't a dedicated queue for it so I had to wait on the regular queue anyhow. Yes, there was a sign for a dedicated queue but it was unstaffed and there's only space for one person anyhow. Then it took way too long... they looked at there computer, saw it was mobile checkin (even though I had already told them), went to another computer then back to the first, then to a file to get the keys. Then they asked about my arrival gift -- and back to another computer. Made a mistake and ripped up a form and tried again. Then I asked for the weekend breakfast voucher -- which wasn't ready and they had to do manually anyhow. (This property gives vouchers for weekend breakfast rather than keeping the lounge open.) But to top it off I got one of the worst rooms in the place -- on a low floor right next to the ice machine. So, I went back and asked for a room away from the ice machine and they gave me a room on the concierge floor like I should have had to begin with -- there was plenty of space on the concierge floor but apparently mobile checkins get their rooms assigned randomly. So just how does mobile check in help us?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  3. ZCT

ZCT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't really get mobile check in. Sure, you can check in on your app. But then you still need to go to the counter to get your keys, still need to ask if you've been upgraded. I stay in Marriott hotels a lot and I've rarely waited for more than one person in front of me. I just don't see what I save in time or hassle by checking in on my app ahead of time.

4. ZCT

ZCT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be happier if the iOS app stopped logging me out even after I select the stay logged in option.

flyforawg and vickers like this.
  5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. SPG app is lightyears beyond the Marriott one.

6. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As mentioned previously, I dislike Marriott's mobile check-in. But I do like their mobile check-OUT. That seems to be the quickest option and is not error-prone compared to some other methods.

7. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    well i like Marriott's app better than the HHonours one :p