Marriott and Priceline

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by sfo1, Oct 28, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just booked a hotel through Priceline's Express deals and it turns out to be a Marriott property. Is there any point in calling the hotel and having my gold elite card number added to the file, or can I get it added when I check in? Looking more for perks rather than points, which I don't think you get when using Priceline as I did.

Kalboz, uggboy and danielwood like this.
  2. danielwood

danielwood Gold Member

Status Points:
    Better call them in advance.

3. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Marriott is very good about honoring status and perks with opaque reservations. Call the hotel directly and they can easily add your elite info to your reservation. Note that your Marriott reservation number from PL is different than your "real" reservation number (trackable on Marriott.com). The hotel can provide that number for you also.

Kalboz, sfo1, danielwood and 5 others like this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks appreciate the information. Found the Marriott reservation number, it was on the Priceline reservation. Will give the hotel a call a few days prior to arrival.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know: if you have a Marriott reservation number through, say, Priceline, can you pull up the reservation on the Marriott site and add your elite number yourself?

Kalboz, sfo1, zphelj and 1 other person like this.
  6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I went into the reservation with the Marriott reservation number that was on the PL form and there did not seem to be that option. It just had my name, dates of reservation, reservation number and then said prepaid, questions? see the travel agent that booked it. I would assume that calling the Marriott Rewards number, they might be able to add it. I assumed wrong, since PL has blocked space at the hotel, Marriott cannot touch the booking, however I was told that when I check in at the hotel they can add it at that time.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Kalboz, bigx0 and danielwood like this.
  7. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for checking, good info to know. I usually reserve directly unless I somehow see a very large discount elsewhere but once I reach status I'm less picky.

sfo1 and Kalboz like this.
  8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    From sunny Southern California, good morning to all :)

travelingmore and sfo1 like this.
  9. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great video, guess just like all things some know how to get it right and others just follow along behind, if you get my drift....

travelingmore and Kalboz like this.
  10. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I posted this in the wrong thread ... sorry!

travelingmore likes this.
  11. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I mentioned above, you can call the hotel directly any time before your stay and they can add your MR info. At the hotel's discretion, they can make other changes to your reservation (e.g., bed type). In one case, the hotel confirmed a Concierge Level room and upgraded me to a suite. YMMV.

sfo1 likes this.
  12. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The person that I talked to at Marriott Rewards, said the hotel could not add my MR number, that I must present that card at check-in to have it added. I will give it a try though, not going until Christmas, will give them a call in December, nothing ventured nothing gained. Thanks for the info.

13. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which hotel did you get through PL Express?

TIA!