Marriott’s new Spanish properties accepting reservations

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by uggboy, May 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/marriotta-s-new-spanish-properties-accepting-re

Marriott’s new Spanish properties accepting reservations:)

Marriott International’s European expansion continues this summer with reservations now open at its new Spanish properties. As previously reported on businesstraveller.com (see online news March 15), four new luxury Autograph Collection hotels have been added as a result of Marriott’s deal with Spanish Hotel Company AC Hotels.:)

Kalboz and fuseli like this.
  2. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    No perks until late 2011 (whenever "late" is):

[​IMG]
    High Style Is Here | Introducing AC Hotels by Marriott‏

Barcelona. Madrid. Florence. Milan. Explore Europe with an exciting new brand. Welcome to AC Hotels by Marriott - the new way to stay in style.

Feel the city. Step into the contemporary urban lifestyle of Spain, Italy and Portugal. AC Hotels by Marriott is a partnership with award-winning Spanish group AC Hotels - bringing you authentic ambiance and personal service in the heart of some of Europe's leading historic, business and fashion centers.

Stay chic. Stay current. Stay now. Over 80 contemporary hotels in leading locations are yours. Reserve 4-star style that puts you on-scene.

AC Hotels by Marriott. Experience it today. Earn Rewards* in late 2011.

*AC Hotels by Marriott will participate in Marriott Rewards® beginning late 2011. Marriott Rewards members cannot redeem points and will not receive Elite benefits, points, airline miles or Elite nights for stays at AC Hotels by Marriott prior to late 2011. If you have questions regarding Marriott Rewards or AC Hotels by Marriott, please contact Marriott Customer Support.

Book Now Link

uggboy likes this.
  3. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Someone posted on Flyertalk that points earning starts Dec 1, 2011.

Cheers.

uggboy likes this.
  4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    It could be, but I would interpret their scientific results to mean that the points earning starts by Dec 1, 2011. It could start sooner. I would guess that the actual timeline is mostly around getting their computer systems integrated.

uggboy likes this.
  5. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    If someone wants to take a chance on booking before 12/1 & getting points, good on 'em. I'm not one of them. If the program says 12/1 I take it as 12/1. People did some playing around w/ ressies & earning/burning & 12/1 was the first it worked out. So to each their own.

FWIW - I don't have a dog in this hunt, as I have a major Europe trip in June so won't be in Spain before points earning starts. But being an FT/MPer I don't stay anywhere that doesn't get me points. And I don't do it on a wing & a prayer. I want it in writing/something I can provide to Marriott when I do.

Cheers.

uggboy likes this.
  6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    The program doesn't say 12/1. That's only when the extra warning stops showing up for booking reservations. IMO, failure to add that additional warning doesn't mean that they have to offer those points if the systems still aren't yet working together.

I'm not suggesting that people book before 12/1 with the expectation of points. I'm just suggesting that people should keep an eye on the official news about when they will start cooperating. Don't be surprised if they start earlier than 12/1 (or after 12/1), and don't hold it against them for not stating a specific date this far out.

uggboy likes this.
  7. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    I definitely agree w/ you that people shouldn't hold it against them this far out. They said late 2011, so there's still a lot of time left.

Again, others may choose to stay w/ them between now & then. I wouldn't, but that's just because I really try to make any hotel night a points earning one.

Cheers.

uggboy likes this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    To earn some points in never wrong!:)

Find it excellent that Marriott is now so many times available with the integration of the AC Hotel chain into the Marriott system for the opportunity to earn points and see // learn something about Spain! Exploration and point collecting await!:)

9. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was told November 1, 2011, but that was the result of an informal inquiry. If rates are accepted for points burning, then have reward categories been assigned to the hotels?

Last I looked, they had not been.

10. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I thought, the Reward Categories have not been loaded into the properties even if you choose a date subsequent to 12/1.