Marco Polo Club Fee?

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by ezb, Sep 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to create an account with Cathay so I can search their award miles, but it seems they want to charge me a fee to join, $50.

Is there another option?

2. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    What do you mean by award miles...?

The amount of miles needed to redeem a flight route or availability?

If it's the first one, it can be done at Asiamiles.com using their redemption calculator. Not sure if you have to login, but if you do, sign up is free.

3. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I meant search their flights, so that I can redeem with AA miles.

4. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I should explain better: I have a lot of AA miles, but find their international awards limiting when I search on AA.com.

I understand that if I search for flights on their OneWorld partner websites, such as British Airways and Cathay Pacific, that if I find the flights I want, I can phone in to AA and book using my AA miles.

5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    CX separates their FFP like Air Canada does - AeroPlan vs Altitude and AsiaMiles vs MPC,

Give asiamiles a register and see if you're able to search for CX availability through their site.

If not, your best shot would be to use KVS, BA, and QF since they all give similar availability.

ezb likes this.
  6. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your assist. I've been able to search on CX site and find the info I need simply by creating a free Asiamiles account.

Sammich likes this.