Maple Leaf Lounge Information

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by milchap, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will post about YWG MLL.

Small comfortable lounge with fireplace and six comfy chairs in front. Small conference room. Four computer terminals. Good view of the tarmac. Various food offerings all day.

Note: A new terminal building will open later this year. It will have a MLL.

3. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    The AC board really needs to lobby for a wiki!

Some information about the YYZ Transborder MLL

To enter the MLL, make a far right immediately after clearing security into the alcove with the elevator. If you have already went down the escalator, make an immediate U-turn to your right to find the elevator. The top elevator button for the MLL is conveniently labelled.

You will know you have entered the MLL when the door opens and you see a model plane that I can't seem to be able to find for sale.

Alcohol is available after [10? 11?] am. From the desks with the lounge agents, there is a bar at the left (with a TV) and a bar at the right (with food).

In the mornings, there is standard breakfast options. Cereal, 2% milk, orange juice, grapefruit juice, yogurt and granola?, bread, jams, and some fruit. Afterwards, the more awesome stuff comes out. There is space for two vats of soup, and I think food options keep rotating. I've seen some amazing stuff like a 6-dish spread of undescribable healthiness (with salad on the side to pump up the health). I have also photographed: a dish of vegetables (cherry tomatos, celery, baby carrots), cookies, more bread (but not toast-bread, some other kind of bread), and assorted snacks like the Viva chips that some MPers go crazy for :rolleyes:

To really make the most out of your lounge experience, please enjoy a shower. There are two shower rooms available. Alas, unfortunately like the NRT RCC, there isn't any mini-bottles to take.

4. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some information about the YYZ International MLL

To enter the MLL, clear security and take the moving walkway all the way to the end (you get bonus points if the high speed walkway is open). Look for a somewhat easy-to-miss entrance (I certainly missed it).

This MLL includes many amenities, including a Starwood-sponsored conference room; a business productivity centre coutesy of HP, Bell, and Symantec; and two showers that are probably a step up from the t/b MLL as you have TWO showerheads -- one from the top and one handheld.

I arrived around 10:30? 11? so I saw both breakfast and better-than-breakfast options: the healthy 6-plate with salad from the t/b MLL makes a comeback, for example, as well as two choices for soup. I found some pasta (a choice of cheese or beef tortellini ... or a choice of both!!!).

5. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will come soon.

6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lobbying has been done ... it'll come soon, we just don't know exactly when.

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. Tangoer
    Original Member

Tangoer Silver Member

Status Points:
  9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Useful piece of information - all here can edit the wiki so feel free to add where you think it would fit, or engage me in conversation and we can figure something out. Of course that wiki page will have to be edited to be more generic if you want it off of milePoint. :D

10. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anybody know where we get to park ourselves during this upgrade? "Speak to a representative" isn't terribly illuminating.

11. NordsFan
    Original Member

NordsFan Silver Member

Status Points:
    As the AC press release states: "(...) please speak with one of our local Air Canada representatives for more information."

So that's what I did......I picked up the phone this morning and called the CDG concierges.
    I was advised that arrangements have been made to use other T2A lounges (CX, LY and AA) on a space-available basis.

However, as there are limited number of guest slots in the other lounges, the CDG team asks that pax who are eligible for MLL access see the agents or concierges at the AC check-in desks. Pax will then be directed to the correct lounge with a pass.

Pax who use OLCI or kiosks are asked to see AC staff and NOT to attempt to gain access to the other lounges on their own, as this will cause problems for the airlines who are cooperating.

So, I was indeed "illuminated" on the subject by simply speaking with a representative. Funny how it worked out. ;)

unclepants, milchap and ACMM like this.
  12. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for taking the extra step and sharing the information :)

13. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks NordsFan. Any feedback on which of those lounges are best? Thinking CX.

14. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best lounges and CDG seem to be a contradiction in terms.

milchap likes this.
  15. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    :)

16. NordsFan
    Original Member

NordsFan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on their location (up on the mezzanine level between Gates 46 and 47), I'm not really sure that the CX and LY lounges are that spacious. I am not at all familiar with the amenities on offer. The AA lounge over in the satellite, close to the MLL, looks nice, but I've never been in.

17. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    An entertaining is somewhat old thread on both the AA and CX lounges:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/928494-lounges-charles-de-gaulle.html

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/atairport/airportdetails?cityCode=PAR

AA Club photos:
    https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd47vvjp_753gzjxbzdh

TRAVELSIG and why fly like this.