Manufactured Spend UK

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by SamuelIvey, Aug 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. SamuelIvey

SamuelIvey New Member

Status Points:
    Does anybody know of a cheap way to manufacture spending in the UK?

I've just signed up to Virgin Atlantic's Card here and I'm hoping to earn enough to upgrade my mother to Upper Class when she goes on vacation for her (big) birthday next year.

Any tips will be gratefully appreciated.

Sorry to be such a noob!

Thanks

2. SamuelIvey

SamuelIvey New Member

Status Points:
    I hope you can help!

3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sell a bunch of small easy to ship items on ebay bought with your credit card...

Check the Ebay site for ideas, Cambridge T-shirts, Hard Rock London, the list is endless.

About Again likes this.
  4. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    If your ambition is to upgrade your mother to business class using ff points, don't get your hopes up.

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wife's sister son just graduated Cambridge over there, with his PhD, we flew her sister to the Graduation from PEK, to LHR, business class on points, my wife attended also flew business on points, it can be done, We have done it, so never give up hope, just develop a plan and work it...

Wife and I both grew up poor...

I took my mother on many trips before she passed away, it can be done, but it takes extra work, Hoping will not get it..

About Again likes this.
  6. FormalHall

FormalHall Active Member

Status Points:
    There are no easy manufactured spend opportunities in the UK, but for your purposes tesco may be the answer. Tesco offers 150 club card points for every £50 spend on gift cards. There is a virtual visa card called 3V which until late last year could be deposited straight into a bank account. This loophole has now been closed, but stocking up on 3Vs for your regular online spending and converting the clubcard points to virgin flying club miles, plus your credit card spend, will help towards your goal.

7. wadewadewade

wadewadewade New Member

Status Points:
    If you're looking to manufacture spend with Amex, you can buy sterling Traveller's Cheques through their website for a 1.5% fee and it registers as a purchase, not a cash advance

8. 21h21j

21h21j Silver Member

Status Points:
    MS in the UK is still alive and well if you know where to look ;)

Randy Petersen likes this.