Mandarin Oriental Paris Opening July 2011

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by Linda Terrill, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Linda Terrill
    Original Member

Linda Terrill Silver Member

Status Points:
    We've just received notice about an exclusive grand opening offer for Virtuoso agents when booking reservations between July 27 and August 28, 2011.

In addition to regular Mandarin Oriental Paris Virtuoso amenities, guests booking reservations through a Virtuoso agent between July 27 and August 28, 2011 will be treated to a EUR 300 credit per room, per stay or a 500 EUR per stay per suite.

Virtuoso Amenities - Mandarin Oriental Hotel Paris
    • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
    • Complimentary American breakfast daily for up to two in-room guests
    • One EUR 85 spa credit per stay

viguera, uggboy and RichardInSF like this.
  2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apparently there is (or will soon be) a Shangri-La in Paris as well. With new luxury hotels opening, maybe the luxury room stock will be large enough now that it will act as a bit of a damper on price increases.

Incidentally, I would have preferred lower opening rates to a room credit. So would most customers, I bet. Not a great start towards those lower rates!

uggboy and GeneCMH like this.
  3. GeneCMH
    Original Member

GeneCMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    $1000 plus a night, is it really that special?

uggboy and RichardInSF like this.
  4. RichardInSF
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's E700, which is right up there with the other luxury hotels before the new room count was added to the Paris stock. My guess is they will have trouble getting that for at least the first six months, and there will be a lot of people on "corporate" rates.

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, the Shangri-La is up and running! Also from around 750E a night // above 1000 US$!:confused:

6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't like paying that much for a hotel either- however it is completely in line for Paris upper end hotels.

uggboy likes this.
  7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the property opens this weekend. Anyone going?

uggboy likes this.
  8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. RichardInSF
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Anyone notice any effect on Paris luxury hotel prices; i.e. downwards?

That mostly all white bathroom without a wall between it and the room is a bit scary looking to me.

10. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    For Centurion members, it is almost always best to book a MO under Amex FHR. You can't beat a free night!
    I stopped by the hotel last night and had a nice tour. It's just as nice as you would expect it to be. A bit more like the MO Prague than the MO Barcelona. But the Deluxe room I visited was about the same as the new FS London, but larger and better furnished.

The bathroom was very nice with his and hers sinks in an alcove on the left. And a full bath. On the right a large shower area and toilet. Lots of space. And this is separate from the room.

There were lots of staff about, but some of them seemed stressed. The bar was especially like this and thus the service wasn't nearly as good as it should be. Hopefully that will improve as they get a few more weeks of experience.

uggboy likes this.