Man sues TSA for missed flight in MSP

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by anileze, Jun 16, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    He will probably spend more to recover his $506.85

http://www.startribune.com/twin-cit...slow-security-made-him-miss-flight/382694411/

bobsgt, satman40 and YULtide like this.
  2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Creative way to get their attention. A class action would be even better.

satman40 and anileze like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Federal court moves fast, and I doubt he can represent himself...

It is hard enough to get a fair trial in small claims

Total waste of time and emotions.

4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    It sucks to have missed the flight and have to spend more money but this is not likely the best use of his time and efforts.

Counsellor, anileze and satman40 like this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would suck far more finding a judge who would be prejudicial you lose, and be stuck with all legal expenses.

Justice is often blind, and the emotional damage is not worth $500.00 been there done that,

No one wins going to court except the Attorney's that is why most cases are settled out of court.

Judges are not fair...most judges will say they done a good job when both parties are not totally happy...

I have also missed a flight, my own fault..they will leave without you...:mad:

anileze likes this.
  6. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    If he thinks he has a justiciable claim (under the Federal Tort Claims Act, maybe?), he might be better advised to ask the Federal District Court to transfer it to the US Claims Court. Also, he'll have to suspend it while he exhausts his Federal administrative remedies.

I'd sure like to see TSA held legally responsible for their actions, but actually, seeing as how TSA can destroy luggage at their whim with no relief to the passenger, I don't think he has much chance.

anileze and satman40 like this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My understanding the case has been moved to small claims, if a TSA Rep does not show they lose by default, they can also ask for a continuance, and appeal the decision...

Eventually it will become a case of Green Justice...

If the guy prevails, the courts would be covered with whiners,mouthing off, then often this is what Attorneys want, they get paid by the hour.], and the Judge will just appoint a Pre Tem and take a break, still getting paid...

anileze likes this.