Man Documents Ten Months of Travel, One Second at a Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Nov 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    MSYgirl likes this.
  2. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fun project, our world is a diverse and amazing place.

sobore likes this.
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    And not to harp on "the rich" (especially since as a middle-class American I'm "the rich" to most other people in the world), but notice how almost nothing here depends on opulence or favor. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with enjoying that if it's available to you... it just so often seems that the idea of going somewhere and interacting is pre-necessitated by "having the money," which typically means "having the money to stay American while I'm somewhere else." It's why I love Anthony Bourdain's stuff so much. He seems to find a balance between experience of the everyday man as well as the elevated experiences.

This is a life, lived.

Flyer1976 and bez7 like this.
  4. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think most who travel and who profess to have had a wonderful trip have tried, even just minimally, to experience local cultures. This is the part of traveling I love the most, meeting people. While flying in comfort is great it's hardly what I talk about when I'm home again.

5. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Traveling in my opinion is all about diving straight in and experiencing other cultures and experiencing things that otherwise in your own country and own small bubble you would not have been subject too. Life is all about life experiences - I try to do as much as I can, when I can to broaden my own understanding of the world.

Great video :)