Man dies, dozens hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak at NY mall

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by MSYgirl, Feb 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

  1. MSYgirl

    MSYgirl Gold Member

    Messages:
    2,406
    Likes Received:
    7,567
    Status Points:
    6,510
    [article]

    (CNN) -- A restaurant manager died and 27 other people were hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning at a restaurant in New York, authorities said Sunday.

    Police and emergency crews rushed to the mall in Huntington Station on Saturday night following reports that a woman collapsed in the basement of Legal Sea Foods.

    Once they arrived, they felt dizzy as well, and determined it was carbon monoxide poisoning, Suffolk County Police said in a statement.

    "Police evacuated the restaurant and found the manager, Steven Nelson, 55, of Copiague, unconscious in the basement," the statement said. "He was transported to Huntington Hospital where he was pronounced dead."

    The restaurant offered its condolences to his relatives.
     
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

    Flyer1976 Gold Member

    Messages:
    28,247
    Likes Received:
    33,912
    Status Points:
    20,020

Share This Page