Man clears TIA security with woman's boarding pass

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, Nov 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/20139820/2012/11/19/man-clears-security-with-womans-boarding-pass

It's easier than ever to print a boarding pass from home, but you'd think one in the wrong hands would be a red flag for airport security. However, Charles Bailey unknowingly breezed through security at Tampa International Airport with another passenger's boarding pass without ever being detected.

It happened back in October when he was flying to Atlanta on business. He checked his bags curbside and was given a boarding pass, which he used to move though security checks. When he arrived at the gate and checked his boarding zone, he noticed the name on his boarding pass was "Natalie Shipley," a women he'd never met.

"When I realized it, I was startled," said Bailey.

The night before, he had printed a boarding pass with his name on it and pulled it from his briefcase and boarded his flight. He can't understand why, when he presented a woman's boarding pass with his Florida driver's license, the TSA agent signed off on it.

Read More: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/20139820/2012/11/19/man-clears-security-with-womans-boarding-pass

uggboy likes this.
  2. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is that her DL FF# on the still image of the video?

3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, yes it is. Unfortunately, we have been plagued with DL.Dumb ever since they shut off NW. NW didn't print the whole number (x's with the last 4 showing I believe) and had such innovations of only needing one boarding pass for multiple segments.

On that boarding pass, you have 2/3 items you need to access the account.

LIH Prem likes this.
  4. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not quite as bad, but I've passed security check point by handing out my boarding pass for different segment altogether, with starting airport and destination not being in the airport I was going through security with.

5. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not only that, there is also the SSSSuper SSSSecret TSA SSSScribble on the BP ;) and I guess that in addition to now having to state our name to a TSO thanks to having pax-wrong name flying on someone else's expired BP, we're now gonna have to put up with a TSO asking this:

TSO: Sex?
    Me: Yes

6. N965VJ
    Original Member

N965VJ Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    ID I usually use at security checkpoints:

[​IMG]