Man arrested for 'complaining about change' on flight

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, Aug 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/08/14/man-arrested-for-complaining-about-change-on-aer-lingus-flight/

An investigation is under way after a man was arrested following a complaint he made about the change he was given by cabin crew after making an in-flight purchase.

The passenger, who wishes to remain anonymous, was on board an Aer Arran flight - who operate on behalf of Aer Lingus - from Bristol to Dublin, when the incident occurred.

He was arrested by Airport Police in front of other passengers, and was quickly released when they realised no crime had been committed.

He told the Sunday Independent: 'I've flown around the world twice and have had good and bad experiences on airlines but this incident was beyond belief.

'I complained about the change that I had received and the flight attendant had been rude to me on a number of occasions, but that was it.

'I never raised my voice, never made any threatening gestures and yet I was treated as if I was a terrorist.

Read More: http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/08/14/man-arrested-for-complaining-about-change-on-aer-lingus-flight/

cordray2643 likes this.
  2. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    The security as an excuse to commit these actions are becoming more and more often. In my opinion they are bidding on a dangerous game until it becomes unbearable to travel by air on commercial airlines.

3. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    or someone sues the heck out of them for harassment. ;)

4. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a pretty shocking story.

5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    LOL. Bring exact money next time!

6. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is one where I have no doubt that there are two sides to the story. But if it did happen as the passenger said, well, it's pretty disgusting.

Mike