Maltapoints.com joins BoardingArea

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by maltapoints, Dec 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. maltapoints

maltapoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear all

As those of you familiar to BoardingArea may be aware, maltapoints.com recently joined the BoardingArea fold. We're looking forward to the increased exposure this brings, and hopefully we'll be able to leverage better deals etc in the Malta market as things develop.

Please do take the time to look at the site - although our principal focus is largely Air Malta and the Malta travel sector, we inevitably have to focus on offers provided by the plethora of other mainstream airlines that fly to Malta including Lufthansa, Easyjet, Emirates and, from March 2014, British Airways. Given Malta's location, we often feature travel opportunities within Southern Europe too - so we're not a closed shop even if you have never been to, or never plan to go to, Malta.

Thanks

Tom

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congregations, it’s good to have some blogs with different focus, best of luck in your endeavor.

I’d be interested in more trip reports from the smaller airlines. It’s nice to see trip reports from the global leaders, but it’s hard to find good trip reports from the smaller carriers. Whenever I fly into a new airport I see snazzy planes from some hip looking brand that I never hear about here in the US…

3. maltapoints

maltapoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks iolaire

The trip report one is an interesting point. I have always slightly avoided the "trip report/hotel bathroom photo" etc angle to maltapoints, preferring to keep it a robustly deals and points focused website. That said, the occasional report has crept in (not least the great success I've had with SPG points-earning dining in Malta), and I'm not really sure why I have taken a stand against trip reports. I suppose I had a slight fear it might be seen as padding, particularly where my main promise is to identify good value for my readers in the Malta travel market.

So, feedback noted. While I won't be making a regular feature of them, I think it may well be worth a couple of trip reports for Air Malta (economy and biz class), not least so you Americans can share the pain of its tomato pasta with me :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    Karen and Randy Petersen like this.