Malta is a great destination that is somewhat undiscovered by Americans.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by marcwint55, May 29, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We just returned from a lovely vacation spending 5 nights in Rome and 6 nights in Malta. There are many Europeans vacationing there, but not too many Americans.

It is a lovely place to go with immense history including the oldest ruins in existence, even older than Stonehenge.

The water is amazing and the beaches are quite nice.

The people were unbelievably friendly and the prices were not expensive other than taxis.

After paying thirty dollars every time we took a taxi round trip, we rented a very nice car for $25.00 per day. The people there do drive quite dangerously, but it really didn't bother me at all.

It is a short flight from many European cities and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering a trip there.

2. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been to Malta, Gozo and Comino — including the Blue Lagoon — and I have been to those ruins, which are indeed the oldest ones in existence.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Blue Lagoon is amazing. I have never seen such turquoise clear water anywhere else.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's on my to-do list, though this year a different island in the Mediterranean will be our destination.

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. vilerows

vilerows New Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been to Malta and would love to visit it soon, will make sure to go to that Blue Lagoon and of course the ruins.