Malaysia Airlines: No Luggage Check thru if not holding one ticket

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by lightwarrior, Dec 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. lightwarrior

lightwarrior Active Member

Status Points:
    Malaysia Airlines is now practice No Luggage check thru if you are not holding one ticket, that means if you are do the online booking from 2 different airlines for a better fare, you are not able to check your luggage to your final destination.

Example: If you buy Malaysia Airlines from Penang to Kuala Lumpur, and separately you buy EVA from Kuala Lumpur to Taipei, you have to take your luggage out from Kuala Lumpur and recheck in in Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

This is impacted all the traveling schedule due to the policy change, and I wonder that since it's like other budget airlines: Air Asia or Malindo, what make Malaysia Airlines think that passengers still want to travel via Malaysia Airlines

2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Umm, I think if you are flying on the same alliance Oneworld (Malaysia and American, etc) then you can check bag through, In fact I did this a week ago.
    Low cost carriers never interline TMK, and I guess different alliances don't either.

3. lightwarrior

lightwarrior Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes! Thank you for your reply! I just talked to the Malaysia Airlines Manager, they told me that they just amended the policy on Oct 31 that if the connecting airlines are code share partners or one world alliance airlines partners.

However, if any other none partners are not able to check the luggage thru.