Malaysia Airlines no longer a Skymiles partner

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jfellers, Oct 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jfellers

jfellers Active Member

Status Points:
    Just got off the phone with delta reservations and apparently MH was a redemption partner yesterday (when I ticketed one leg), but today they are NOT. Delta's website continues to list MH as a Skymiles earning partner and an option for award redemption... Given that MH is set to join OW it's not a complete surprise - but unannounced all the same

2. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    DL agents sometimes have trouble remembering who their partners are. Try calling back.

1 person likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's true that Malaysia will be joining oneworld but i doubt the agent knows that. I've been told that only Air France is a partner of Delta and that Vietnam Airlines is no longer in Skyteam anymore. Oh, and what is Saudia? I've never heard of them. It really does boggle the mind how poorly trained many Delta agents are. That's the common refrain, Delta agents don't know who their partners or (or what booking classes awards are for those partners..), just as US Airways agents don't know geography.

LETTERBOY and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are many things DL is bad at announcing. However, with recent partnership ends (IT and 9W), they have announced the date well in advance and posted that fact online. I'd try again as akcae and gleff suggest.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  5. Yaatri

Yaatri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah some agents know very little. Like the one who thought that after multiple changes due to weather and MX, when I had made it from DCA to ATL, the only choice remaining at 7:30 p.m was to wait for the next day, to get to HKG. Then she suggested getting me to the West coast and then fly out the next day, which was hardly different from the first suggestion. I walked her through the ATL-LHR (DL) and ATL-HKG (EK).

6. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Booking on MH often wasn't possible using SM even when officially published. I can picture the battle of KUL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/1054088-dl-sms-tale-good-bad-ugly.html

7. jfellers

jfellers Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the encouragement - after several more calls was able to get more legs booked