Making changes to BA award travel.

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by santafefran, Jun 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. santafefran
    Original Member

santafefran Silver Member

Status Points:
    Originally I have booked 1st Class RT tickets on BA from IAH to Paris with stopovers in London both ways using a Companion Pass. The second leg departs LHR to CDG 2 days after arrival from IAH but I would like to change that leg to LGW-BOD(Bordeaux) on the same Oct 3 saving me the time and expense of transferring in CDG to TGV to Bordeaux.
    IF this is possible, will I need to call BA make this change? The third leg from Paris to LHR would be unchanged.

2. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    You won't be able to change the second leg since only date/time can be changed online.you'd have to cancel the tickets for $40 pp and book a new one with the news routes and dates.
    Try to call them (and wait forever)maybe they can help you cause award availability isn't the best for your dates so giving up your two guaranteed seats might not be the best idea...

3. Whatwasthat...
    Original Member

Whatwasthat... Silver Member

Status Points:
    As olmangsr said, if you want to change the destination for only one part of your trip, you'll need to do it with Customer Service by phone. Although there'd be a Service Charge if you did make the change, you won't need to make the change (and definitely don't cancel ahead of time) until they confirm that they can actually get you what you want. Best of luck!