Suggestion Make "watch thread" quicker

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by dmel, Nov 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would save bunch of mouse clicks (and gestures on mobile) if:

- there was a setting in user preferences for whether to send mail or not when watching a thread.
    - watch thread link just flipped the bit and took default option re mail
    - perhaps a drop down to change mail settings when initially clicking the watch link to easily override the setting.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing. Here's two screenshots of Milepoint just minutes ago on my mobile phone (iPhone). In the first i see at the top of a thread i randomly clicked to which shows "Watch Thread". I am not visiting Preferences to see this in each thread. In the second image is the next screen once I have clicked "Watch Thread" which gives me an easy option to either receive emails for the thread or if not selected I'll get an Alert when I'm on Milepoint. I can tell which threads I'm watching by the 'eyeglasses' icon which I can see again here on the next snapshot of my mobile screen. At any time I can choose to "unwatch" a thread by clicking on the "Unwatch Thread".

Hope this helps because it seems very easy to me on my mobile device(s) iPhone/iPad. I'm a little lost in what you are proposing (apologies) but certainly willing and wanting to listen.

watch1.png

watch2.png

watch eyeglasses.png

unwatch.png

3. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Randy, sorry for the confusion. What I'm suggesting is that the "Watch Thread" link at the top of threads takes the watch action without popping up the email-notifications question. I suggested a new setting in user preferences to control the default behavior (email nor no email notification), and clicking "Watch Thread" would just immediately take that action. That way, I wouldn't have to click twice (once on "Watch Thread" and once to confirm my notification preference). A minor nit, but an opportunity to save a few clicks, nonetheless :)