Under Review Make the preview hover box location-aware on the page

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Wandering Aramean, Mar 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing this just needs a tweak of the JQuery code, but I noticed that the box containing the first few lines of the first post that pops up when I hover over a thread title is not location-aware on the page. No matter what the hover always goes above the thread title. In some cases this results in the hover going off the top of the screen where it is not so useful.

Thanks!

IMGone likes this.
  2. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree this is an issue, esp as I rarely have a full window open when browsing. The "location aware" is an issue througout the site (eg the alert list runs off the screen, and if you scroll the screen, you lose the drop down)

3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion we will be taking a look into this.

4. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is another piece of it as a heads up ... If I edit a post, I am now getting a pop up ad right through middle (perhaps it always worked this way) -- as I can't reposition anything or scroll, I can't actually see what it is I was going to be editing which defeats the purposes of editing, of course :)

5. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Can you post a link to the specific post you are attempting to edit?

6. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any post ... so if I edit the post above that I just created, I got a hidden cargo pants/scottevest ad in the corner (not across the whole thing this time. It is positioned over the keys, so if I wanted to click cancel, for example, it's hidden as would the rest of the post beyond those top few lines. The other thing is I don't think the window scrolls, if it did, the ad would've blocked the down arrow.

7. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    I can't seem to reproduce your problem or I'm misunderstanding it. Can you post a screenshot? Also what browser/OS are you on?

8. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    that example is my android, no screen print available (tmk)

Sorry I was not clear about that earlier, I edited it out. Oops