Mag: Chicagoans not very romantic, friendly

Discussion in 'ORD/MDW | Chicago Area Airports' started by sobore, Jan 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8515279

In Travel and Leisure magazine's annual "America's Favorite Cities" issue, Chicago has plenty to brag about but a few poor showings, as well.

The Windy City ranks number one in the nation in architecture and cool buildings and, of course, pizza.

Chicago also comes in at number two for theater and performance art, luxury stores, and home decor and design stores.

On the other hand, Chicago ranks last -- 35th out of the 35 cities ranked -- for winter and number 34 for weather, in general.

Read More: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8515279

Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somewhat surprised about that. I always felt Chicago was one of the more friendly cities. :confused:

uggboy likes this.
  3. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a native Chicagoan (but one who has not lived in the city for many years), it's hard to argue about the architecture and the pizza. I would say that we are generally very friendly, but we have a temper and can turn on you if you piss us off. ;)

4. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    As far as romantic goes, I guess that depends on your definition of romance! ;)

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    agreed, to quote from the article "The city ranks number 28 when it comes to celebrating Valentine's Day."

I'd say it is because we don't need a stinking, marketing-hyped day to know if we are in love.

I know personally we don't celebrate Valentine's Day, we go out a few days before Valentine's Day and do something nice, the Mrs can brag to her friends that we've already celebrated and I get the satisfaction of not paying higher prices and jostling for a good table &/or event with all the other folks that want to celebrate on the 14th.

FlyingFree and sobore like this.
  6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chicago does not celebrate St. Valentines day, bad things happen on that day.

[​IMG]