Made a travel related web app and looking for feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by aftnet, Apr 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. aftnet

aftnet New Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone

This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance if the following is going to sound spammy, but it is far from my intention.

I have developed a prototype web application, https :// www . t2cl . net (remove the extra spaces) to easily transfer text between internet connected devices without having to install anything.

Why am I here talking about this? Because I want to understand if such a service can be of value and because I want users to give me feedback on how to improve it.
    If you are interested and want to get in touch you can leave replies here or talk to me on Twitter @aftnet

I am posting in this forum since I got the idea for Text to Cell when I was traveling myself: I needed to write a long email and, while internet kiosks were available, I didn't trust entering my email account password with them. What I wanted was to write the email text on their keyboard, somehow take it to my smartphone and send the email from there.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why should I trust you more holding my data than I'd trust typing my password in on a shared computer? I can always change my password but it seems you're holding my info forever.

3. arman

arman New Member

Status Points:
    Good idea. I actually thought that it would text me the message to my phone. I think that would be a useful feature, because my phone is laying somewhere else, and I didn't feel like finding it right now.

For text API - check out TextBelt. Nifty and open source.

4. aftnet

aftnet New Member

Status Points:
    You shouldn't trust me more than the shared computer: you would only use this service if the text you plan on entering is less important/confidential to you than your account password.

5. aftnet

aftnet New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion: if the API is free this is definitely a useful feature to integrate.