MAD Again ... Changes to AC836/837 for S11

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Cage, Apr 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Cage
    Original Member

Cage Silver Member

Status Points:
    From Airlineroute:
    To recap, the flight has transferred from full service to all economy (Amigo 763) and now full service is back on certain days (3,4,5, and some 7).

On the flip side, there might be some new award J seats that just openned up today.

ACMM likes this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    :p I thought you were mad again! :p

Thanks for the update! Good to keep on top of these things! thumbsup.gif

3. I just booked a trip to Barcelona, flight AC 836 business class. It leaves on a Friday in August. how do I know if the plane will be mono class vs. dual class? Given that I have a business class fare does that guarantee that I'll have a plane with business class seats?

ACMM likes this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to milePoint ... I see you joined very recently (today in fact!).

This is a flight to Madrid not Barcelona :) On this flight AC has something called Comfort class. You can see more about it at this link. (see image below for part of what is on the page)

ExpertFlyer does show J class seating available, however I expect this is the Comfort Class they are referring to. Here is the seat map from EF. AC does not reply with business class seat map but it does return this when requesting for economy

4-17-2011 4-42-52 PM.jpg

4-17-2011 4-39-26 PM.jpg

5. Ah thanks. And yes, I left out the fact that I'm going to Barcelona via Madrid. A bit of a bummer that I won't be flying in lie flats!

6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the date of your flight? The reason I ask is in ExpertFlyer some Friday flights show all Y class with the apparent Comfort Plus up front and others actually show 763 with J class ... so I am not sure what to make of that as I could not load the seat map for J class.

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Andrew Yiu (Air Canada) has provided this information, so you may in fact be OK with your Executive First -- I hope so ! :)

8. Good to hear! Thanks for the help.

ACMM likes this.
  9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    You will have to let us know how the trip goes :)