M80 with Y cabin only?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by travelmi, May 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. travelmi

travelmi Silver Member

I am looking at a flight on March 29th, DFW-ORD in first. There are three flights that day shows "Economy is the only cabin offered on one or more flights". Note that these are direct flights. Does that mean all first class seats were sold out? I found it is hard to believe that all three flights 2332, 2330, 2336 sold out all first class 11 month out. Also, if you click on the seat map, it shows all first class seats are unoccupied. Not sure what's going on here. Are they plan to use a plane without First Class cabin?

10:20 AM DFW
    12:30 PM ORD

Aircraft: M80​
    Flight Miles: 802A
    Total Travel Time: 2 hr 10 min​
    [​IMG] Flight Details
    * Economy is the only cabin offered on one or more flights
  2. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

That flight is showing F7 A7 P7, so it definitely has F available. No idea why the site is showing that--god knows it isn't perfect. If you need to book into first on that flight, call or try booking through a third party.
    wfagundes likes this.
  3. swag
    Original Member

swag Silver Member

If you instead search for DFW-LHR, then F shows up as available for the DFW-ORD leg on 2232 on a J/F ticket.

This looks to me like a case of married segments. Since the booking window just opened, AA may be reserving the domestic F cabin for pax with connections onto international premium cabin flights.