M&C Loyalty Club (Millennium & Copthorne)

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by WilliamQ, Feb 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.mncloyalty.com/

Managed to get a status match between Hilton Honors Gold to their M & C Loyalty Club Gold.

Not a big chain, in fact it is only currently around 75 hotels according to their FAQ. Only caught my interest due to a credit card family stay promo for Singapore in one of their hotels which my wife is interested in.

It does have a stronger presence in Singapore (5 properties) vs Hilton (2 properties) which would allow me to swing some stays over to them. Of course IHG with 6 properties in Singapore trumps both.

Status is valid for 2 years and comes with 2 upgrade vouchers valid for a year.

upload_2014-2-12_12-44-26.png

uggboy likes this.
  2. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    WilliamQ likes this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great info. Now if only SIA tickets are more affordable, they might get a new customer in me. Still this card is worth looking into especially with the 1st year fee waiver.

4. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    plus one also one night free stay voucher in a M&C hotel (though the T&Cs state redemption is only certain M&C hotels in a list) with this credit card, not bad..;)

WilliamQ likes this.
  5. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    @Terry Yap those free stay vouchers do not work in Singapore. The upgrade vouchers may or may not work in Singapore too.

Major thumbs down. Called up Grand Copthorne to request to use the vouchers for free stay/free upgrade and was told that they are not participating in this "promotion". Called another M&C property and was told the same thing. Frustrated, I called the number behind the voucher for reservation and was told that none of the Singapore M&C properties are participating in these voucher promotions.

So called up AMEX Singapore to ask what @#$% is going when their welcome letter stated that those vouchers can be used in Singapore. AMEX told me they CAN be used in Singapore and asked me to try again. Pissed off, I gave the CSO a piece of my mind and he promptly apologised and offered to check for me. Called back 5min later and, "I'm sorry Mr RCTP, but Singapore M&C hotels are not participating in these promotions but the vouchers can be readily used at any overseas hotels."

WRT to the upgrade vouchers, 2 different staff from Grand Copthorne gave me 2 different responses: one said yes, another said no. Forwarded both their emails back to Grand Copthorne to ask for clarifications. That was a month ago. Still no response yet.

And compared to HH, not all stays at M&C properties are eligible to be credited.Especially those promotions/vouchers/service recovery/advance purchase stays.

WilliamQ likes this.
  6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    This does not sound good. I have a stay at Grand Copthorne coming up soon. It is the Maybank promotion. I hope at least it will count as a eligible stay credit towars status retention.

7. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, cross your fingers. Their lounge is pretty basic and the TVs in the rooms are not user-friendly. Instead of just selecting which channels you wish to watch with a numpad, (channel 34, channel 03, channel 21), you have to scroll through the entire list via the up-down buttons.

WilliamQ likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    now I know what you mean. Checked in for a two nights stay. Remote control is definitely very basic. Bathroom is compact.
    at check in, the front desk is not even aware of the package on promo but I have a printout. After consulting with the manager, they agreed to 'honor' the package I reserved....

9. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at Holiday Inn Atrium on Good Fri, across the road from Grand Corpthorne, got an upgrade to a suite as i was celebrating a birthday, v kind of the hotel as it was on a Reward Night point redemption

markcwj likes this.
  10. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi All, what are your experience in asking for FF miles instead of Hotel points?
    Do you still get stay credit?

I thought the program is something like below (my own interpretation) but it seems that its either points and stay credit or FF.

If you take FF miles, your stay will not count towards the status re-qualification.

[​IMG]

11. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I absolutely love this hotel and their staff!

Does anyone know if I can use the upgrade vouchers on the free night's stay?

12. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far I've been collecting points instead of miles. Although for the year of 2013, out of the 5 stays there, only 1 was eligible to earn points.

The rest were not eligible for points and counting towards status. Really big thumbs down there.

WilliamQ likes this.
  13. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    How can you tell if a stay is even qualified as a stay credit + points.
    Does booking through http://www.mncloyalty.com/ automatically makes the stay qualified?

I got my last stay changed to points and stay

14. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    During booking of rooms, you have to read the t&c of the reservation.

Some if not most of the rates do not earn points and count towards your stay. Very frustrating.

15. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a nice surprise in my mail box today.
    It was two vouchers for a 20% discount off the weekend package and another voucher for a free meal / buffet as it was my birthday.
    This is something the major chains are not doing.

upload_2014-11-18_9-19-6.png

upload_2014-11-18_9-19-52.png

16. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree it's nice. And they do it every year. The complimentary dining is really awesome.

WilliamQ likes this.
  17. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did notice the qualification terms have changed a lot.

8 nights instead of 4 stays for Gold and 1 year instead of 2 years for each cycle.

18. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    When did it get changed?

Alright bye bye M&C

19. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure too.. Yeah.. I felt the same way.

20. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did one last stay at M&C Grand Copthorne Waterfront over NYE2014.

Booked their suite.

Disappointing.

Think somebody in the hotel had too much fun. About 20mins past 1st Jan, circuit breakers in my suite tripped.
    Used the in room telephone to call the "One touch service".

Some lady picked up the phone with a "Yes?"

Told her the power in my room tripped.

No reply. Nada. Nothing. No acknowledgement. Silence.

So I asked, "Will you be sending an electrician up?"

And she replied, in the uniquely Singaporean lack of patience tone, "Ya Ya Ya. Coming." And boy did she sound pissed. My SO sitting in the living room asked me, "Did she just go ya ya ya?"

And she hung up on me after her reply.

As one of the benefits of booking the suites, we were entitled to late check out till 3pm, of course subject to availability. I requested for it. And was told, "we're running full house the next day. I'm sorry the best I can give you is 12.15pm"

Next morning at check out, I asked the FD staff, "Today's gonna be a busy day with lots of guests checking in eh?"

And the reply:

"Oh! Not really. We have significantly more check outs than check ins. In fact for your suite we will not be expecting any more guests. If you're not in a hurry would you like to have a late check out instead at 3pm?"

Bye bye M&C.

WilliamQ likes this.
  21. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing... Together with their program changes, services like this is making my life easier... It's now just HHonors, SPG and IHG. As it is, already too many programs to maintain. No major lost there. Just regret that I choose points and stay credits in the past over miles. Now they are gone.. :oops: