Lyft fool me once shame on you....

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by estnet, Jul 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Signed up for lyft, had a free ride access code. When I joined lyft added $5 credit for 10th rides BUT when I took my first ride it automatically applied the $5 and wouldn't allow me to change to the free ride!

Cannot delete the $5 credits I don't want and contact us merely takes me to an automated series of responses with no ability to email or chat.

First and last lyft for me!

Kalboz, anileze and traveltoomuch like this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sign up with another identity (phone number) and take a free ride? If they want to nickel-and-dime you, return the favor.

Kalboz and anileze like this.
  3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    that's strange.... I never used Lyft. I use Uber, especially since I earn starpoints with every ride. :)

4. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not to mention my 20% rebate on all rides the first year!

Mike

5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Found a phone number on gethuman, there was an option for emergency which I didn't use. When I selected the proper option it directed me back to the web!
    Guess whose account is going to be canceled as soon as I am not in airport lounges!
    I don't care if Uber is a bit more expensive, at least they don't lie. Oh AND
    on my phone I had a pop up news article that two riders in lyft were assaulted by other riders (in a shared ride)and the driver was of no help-he didn't even know lyft had an emergency number.