LX F ZRH Day Hotel Question

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by 787Flyer, Dec 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 787Flyer

787Flyer New Member

Status Points:
    I'll be flying LX F NRT-ZRH in F in January then ZRH-FRA-SEA the following day, what I wanted to know is if LX gave it's F passengers a Day Room at a Hotel at or nearby the Airport?

What can I expect in terms of Services on Arrival into ZRH?

2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are two day rooms inside of the LX first lounge. They can be reserved for long periods of time, which means they are usually occupied.

There are showers and a restaurant.

Personally, I've found the lounge to be much less inviting than the FCT and the staff to be somewhat unfriendly. My example is that when we entered the lounge we were asked what time we'd like to head to other terminal. I told the agent, "I don't know, it's my first time here". He gave me an ugly look and said, "just be at this desk at 12:15".

By 12 we had had enough of the lounge and at 12:10 we walked to the desk. The same agent gave me another dirty look and told me, "you're early, go have a seat".

It was just odd. Other than that, it's a lounge with food and drinks and pretty decent tarmac views.

3. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unlike LH, LX does not offer any day room in a hotel for arriving F passengers. Just book a hotel room yourself and go there instead of stopping in the FCL.

4. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Speaking of day hotels in ZRH, I believe that I saw a sign for such rooms in the airport itself (not in the lounge).

5. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, they have day rooms where you can stay overnight as well.

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mhmm.... what a shame... I'll need a Hotel in ZRH oh well.

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a Raddisson Blu on site at the airport- extremely convenient and actually a nice hotel as well with a good fitness centre.

8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wish LX wasn't so cheap to provide a Day Room option...

9. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    They do provide a day room option. It's just that there are only two of them and you have to be early to get one.

10. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The day room is good for maximum 2 hours and for one person. It is nice- but is very small and you can hear noise from the corridor directly outside. I think it is perfectly suited to the function intended.

11. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are they actively enforcing the 2 hour rule now? Last time I was there, one room was occupied by the same person for our entire connection (~5 hours).

12. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not that I know of- there is not a 2 hour rule per se- I am suggesting that given the very small size of the room/etc. I personally would not recommend using it for more than 2 hours- over that time period there are better options such as the Raddison Blu on the terminal grounds.

13. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get in at 1545 from NRT in F and head out the next day at 0910 in C so I might as well as book the Holiday Inn by the Airport as they provide a free shuttle service between Airport/Hotel/City that I could take advantage of and I guess I won't even be using any form of F facilities at ZRH which is a bummer as I wanted to check out the FCL.

14. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately with this ITIN you will miss it- however it is not that big of a deal really. Holiday Inn is fine- also the Radisson is a good bet as it is on property so you save some time in the morning.

15. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just rebooked for LX F ZRH-MIA at 1305 the next day so I'll get to use the FCL now in ZRH... HiEx has a free shuttle from Airport and to the City which is why I booked a room there.

16. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of my favourite hotels around ZRH is the NH; it's nicer that the chepest ones but still not too pricey.
    A consider it a good compromise. Biggest disadvantage: it might get noisy from 6.30 if the landings are from runway 34 since you're below flight path.

Nearby there's a good shop for aviation enthusiats (Buchair Center) and bit further, but just a few tram stop from the ariport, a good restaurant themed with aviation (Runway 34); I recommend both.

17. JetSet
    Original Member

JetSet Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL, that might have been me, sorry! :oops:
    I agree, it's really only good for one person...that being said, I find the day room in the FCL perfectly adequate. Shower, bed- and with earplugs and an eyeshade I can sleep really well:cool:

Flyer1976 likes this.
  18. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ahh... heading to the LX FCL in about two hours or so soon...