LX Business Class or United First Class

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by somempire, Dec 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which airline would you prefer to fly from US to Europe LX A333 J class or United 777 F old product?

Lufthansa Flyer and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    US to Europe is going to be mostly sleeping so I'd say United 777 F for the additional space. Of course if you had said LX F vs. UA F, I'd say LX F in a second.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    if you put a pellet gun to my head, I'd pick LX J.....the factor being the "soft product" You can't lose either way!

TrippePanAM and JohnDeere19 like this.
  4. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd go with UA F, which I assume is on a 777, so there is a chance for an aircraft swap...

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new LX J and old UA F- it is a toss up really. If one is more convenient for your timings, if one has a better price than the other, if you need HON circle miles- all these factors can be thrown in the mix. The service on LX is better. The LX aircraft all have the new business interiors which are very nice. Old UA F is probably on par- however on the LX planes you won't see any duct tape or dust balls if that matters to you.

6. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Between those two I would say LX C, The quality of the food is better and the wines are interesting to say the least. UA F is nice and is a first class product, but it is marginal at best. I would say the soft product of United First is not really competitive with the LX product. Hard product wise old UA F is decent. The 2 hard products are similar on LX J and UA old F. However, LX J is crisp new and looks nice and updated AVOD IFE . Chief complaint is the lack of control of air flow. cabin temperature can be an issue.

In order to better help you. Have you flown either of these two carriers products before? if not I suggest try LX J you won't be disappointed

7. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    right on. Soft Product is where United lags is a dealbreaker for me in some situations. LX has a "swiss" expierence and is fun to fly. I would fly them again.

744 ..... the tough one is when you stick a Luger to your head and have to choose between LH and LX once LH introduces the new C class.

8. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it would be LH......but thats the duck talking! :)

TrippePanAM likes this.
  9. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to concur with you;)

10. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would most definitely go with LX!